PDA

View Full Version : New truck. What product?

rmallary
02-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Bought myself a brand new Ford F-150 Lariat in the beautiful Magnetic Gray color. Chrome package and fully loaded black leather interior. I have read 476 is great for this color and longevity but was also thinking with new paint I could do a sealant. What are you opinions? 40661

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyl

WAXOFF
02-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Any of the Collinites. 845,915,476s. It will also depend on how much time you want to spend. The 845 is the easiest to put on and take off.

kevvyj
02-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Blackfire is very good and extremely easy to apply/remove.Klasse will also give great protection but is more time consuming.
A little Klasse goes a long way.Need to do 2 coats to insure coverage.

FUNX650
02-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Being that you are asking about LSPs, I'm going
to assume that...at this point in time...you are
satisfied with the truck's paint current state.

So (and since you did mention Sealants)...
I'm going to recommend: Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

Bob

drabon74
02-05-2016, 02:43 PM
menzerna powerlock, great protection even on the plastics

rmallary
02-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Yes the paint is glass. The truck was built and shipped to me by order. She was outbid the factory and in my hands in 6 weeks. I expected rail dust but there's nothing.

pilotpip
02-05-2016, 06:42 PM
I have a 13 super crew in blue jean metallic. I put one coat of Griots paint sealant on it after claying in late November. Went on easy, came off easy. I used less than 1/4 of the bottle because a little goes a very long way. A quick wash with Meg's Ultimate Wash and Wax, and dry with Griots spray wax and it looks great even after two months of winter abuse. When that bottle runs out, I'll probably try something else out of curiosity but I am happy so far. I can't wait until the weather gets better and I have a free day to buff out the few swirls it has.

That dark paint looks great, but it shows EVERYTHING. I hope you enjoy detailing!

rmallary
02-05-2016, 11:25 PM
What kind of longevity can I expect from collinite vs a sealant?