PDA

View Full Version : Advice for first coating?

fotomatt1
02-05-2016, 07:16 AM
With an early spring approaching I'm thinking about my spring cleanup for my vehicles. I have a '15 Subaru Outback and a '13 Mini Cooper S. I'm thinking that I'd like to coat both of them this year and I'm trying to decide between Optimum Gloss Coat, CQuartz, CQuartz UK or one of AG's house brands. I've been leaning towards CQuartz or UK after prepping with CarPro Essence. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

GSKR
02-05-2016, 07:24 AM
With an early spring approaching I'm thinking about my spring cleanup for my vehicles. I have a '15 Subaru Outback and a '13 Mini Cooper S. I'm thinking that I'd like to coat both of them this year and I'm trying to decide between Optimum Gloss Coat, CQuartz, CQuartz UK or one of AG's house brands. I've been leaning towards CQuartz or UK after prepping with CarPro Essence. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
If your looking for ease and simplicity go with gloss coat,U.K. Maybe hard to rub off and cq finest you can onl get if your a authorized installer.

fotomatt1
02-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Will Gloss Coat look as good as UK and will it have similar durability and hydrophobic properties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermes1
02-05-2016, 09:37 AM
I applied CQuartz UK and have been happy so far with the results, so definitely worth looking into. Having said that there have been a lot of positive feedback on this forum of the Wolfgang Uber coating and since I have used the WG Sealer & Fuzion wax with excellent results, I may go to WGU coating although it is quite a bit more expensive than CQuartz

Valky
02-05-2016, 10:01 AM
I would advice you to go with Black Label Diamond Coating V2, it's one of the easiest coating to use and even if high spot occur you can remove them out pretty easy. Also they have fixed the beading problem already, now they will have more durability as well as super tight beading. Good thing is that it was design to accept wax or sealant top up as well, so you can amp up the shine anytime you want.

GSKR
02-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Will Gloss Coat look as good as UK and will it have similar durability and hydrophobic properties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyes very nice gloss and durability.

Klasse Act
02-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I've used the DuraGloss Nano Glass ceramic coating as well as the Pinnacle Black Label 850 and without a doubt the PBL is the better of the 2. I applied it to my car this past fall and let me tell you, the clean up is a snap! Once done doing a RW or WW the car gloss is stunning. Its also as easy to use as the DGNCC was but is holding up better IMO and the previously mentioned looks:xyxthumbs:

fotomatt1
02-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I've used the DuraGloss Nano Glass ceramic coating as well as the Pinnacle Black Label 850 and without a doubt the PBL is the better of the 2. I applied it to my car this past fall and let me tell you, the clean up is a snap! Once done doing a RW or WW the car gloss is stunning. Its also as easy to use as the DGNCC was but is holding up better IMO and the previously mentioned looks:xyxthumbs:

PBL is somewhat compelling but it's very expensive. Plus they don't have a paint coating only kit....only a kit with all of their coating products. Probably still between Gloss Coat and CQUK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WillWashesCars
02-05-2016, 10:30 PM
For ease of application, you cannot beat Gloss Coat. I personally prefer UK, but it has a learning curve which steers a lot of people away. It's very thick, very durable, nearly perfect to be honest. It will outperform what some coating companies call their pro ceramic coating too. But, like I said, if you are new to coatings, Gloss Coat cannot be beat in terms of ease of application. Many order both, and start with Gloss Coat learning the basics then move to UK. But if you are in a mild climate, try out CQuarts Standard, it's pretty easy too and really durable and glossy.

fotomatt1
02-06-2016, 06:32 AM
For ease of application, you cannot beat Gloss Coat. I personally prefer UK, but it has a learning curve which steers a lot of people away. It's very thick, very durable, nearly perfect to be honest. It will outperform what some coating companies call their pro ceramic coating too. But, like I said, if you are new to coatings, Gloss Coat cannot be beat in terms of ease of application. Many order both, and start with Gloss Coat learning the basics then move to UK. But if you are in a mild climate, try out CQuarts Standard, it's pretty easy too and really durable and glossy.

I live in the Northeast so it's definitely not mild, however I'll be waiting until late March or early April to apply. I'm assuming the temperature greatly affects application? Is there a big difference in look between Gloss Coat and CQUK? I've read that UK really deepens color and adds a lot of gloss.

Ebg18t
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Both GlossCoat & CQUK are quality products. Personally I like the look of CQUK on the darker paints. CQUK is harder to apply than GC. I will be applying WG uber Ceramic soon to a new car. It seems to have to look of CQUK with easy of application of GC.

PBL v2 is probably the easiest to apply and looks great. I would look past the price and just wait for a sale.

fotomatt1
02-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Both GlossCoat & CQUK are quality products. Personally I like the look of CQUK on the darker paints. CQUK is harder to apply than GC. I will be applying WG uber Ceramic soon to a new car. It seems to have to look of CQUK with easy of application of GC.

PBL v2 is probably the easiest to apply and looks great. I would look past the price and just wait for a sale.

I really want to prep with CarPro Essence which is one of the other reasons I've been looking at CQUK. Do you think I can use this with other coatings?

mwoolfso
02-06-2016, 01:42 PM
In that case then stay with the same manufacturer. There is no real need to over-analyze as they are all really good products. I have CQUK, Detailers Pro, Opti-coat and WG. I have no issues with either of them. They all have a learning curve of sorts, which changes depending on the weather (if you do any of this outside).

fotomatt1
02-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Any opinions on glass coatings vs. Ceramic?

TylerHoffarth
02-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Personally, I've used the CQuartz, Gtechniq, and Optimum coatings (amongst others)

For what it's worth, there's a reason I'm now primarily using the CarPro line. Essence before CQUARTZ is absolutely fantastic. As others have mentioned, there is a learning curve to it, but if you take your time and watch some videos/read some application threads, you should be fine.

If you go that route, I would also invest in Reload through CarPro. It's really the icing on the cake for CQUARTZ, and amplifies the hydrophobic effects drastically (though it will already be great). Reload is just a great overall "maintenance" product for CQUARTZ.

My personal opinion, but that is based off of experience with quite a few of the popular coatings in the market

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk