PDA

View Full Version : Not Afraid to Fail - Let's Try One More Time

Willy Wang
02-04-2016, 01:28 AM
Now that we got all the jokes out of our systems, let's try this again. When people start businesses, there comes a time to which they plateau. They get comfortable and their company's income becomes static. For those who desire to break through this barrier, let's try this thread one more time.

Again, I will start. I am not afraid to prospect. In a week and a half's worth of prospects (I started 1/25/16), I have done 2 demos set up 4 more.

So what do you do different and what are you willing to do, that others are not willing to do, that separates you from the crowd?

wing commander
02-04-2016, 01:44 AM
I can see visions of hot coals?

GSKR
02-04-2016, 06:37 AM
Now that we got all the jokes out of our systems, let's try this again. When people start businesses, there comes a time to which they plateau. They get comfortable and their company's income becomes static. For those who desire to break through this barrier, let's try this thread one more time.

Again, I will start. I am not afraid to prospect. In a week and a half's worth of prospects (I started 1/25/16), I have done 2 demos set up 4 more.

So what do you do different and what are you willing to do, that others are not willing to do, that separates you from the crowd? I personally think you should take your drive and enthusiasm and positive attitude and start something very lucrative, I'm not criticizing your plan but I think it will be hard to pull off there is too many gaps,don't ever listen to the word no you can't do it.Im complimenting on your ambition for success and will be following along your journey to success and failure.I wish you were near me as we could find and put together a very lucrative business besides washing and detailing cars.

Busy mind
02-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I don't know if anything I've done is different. When I first started, yes I thought I was unique in my area. Good technique coupled with great products... Then I spent more time reading the forums and searching for other businesses like me in my area. A lot of us in the Bay Area have the same basic business model and ambitions.

If you're not afraid to wash some nasty cars then I'd suggest visiting
some small time mechanic/body shops. Lots of car flippers in San Jose. It's busy work but it will add to your portfolio and give you a chance to do more mingling. I get a lot of work from a custom shop in my area. His customers see my work and it catches on.

I noticed on your website, you do spot repair for glass. I get customers weekly who could benefit from that service. Leave me some professional looking fliers on that service and I'll pass them out for you if you'd like. I'm close to the SJ Flea Market. Pm for more info.

SKorch630
02-05-2016, 12:54 AM
You only plateau if you allow yourself to do so. It's up to you, the owner, to continuously improve.

- Yourself
- Your employees
- The relationships between you and your employees
- The industry

VALUE is what makes you who you are. What is it that YOU are providing the industry? Why should people come to you? Let's face it, if you aren't consistently improving, in all areas of your life, and your business, you're behind the ball. Someone out there is always improving. Those are the guys that are at the top of the game. Why? Because they're willing to change, they're willing to go the extra mile, and they're willing to do what it takes to get to the top. That's where it sounds like you want to be, so continue to hustle, and keep improving. Increase your skill set to increase your wage.