PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thought .... Car Wash Soap

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScottB
10-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I was reading an article over on another forum and tend to agree with the posting about a sealant being harder to clean than a wax. Not saying the sealant isnt more durable, just that it needs to be cleaned with a little more rubbing or with a stronger soap. Dirt/dust maybe attracted to Carnauba more, but seems to release it rather quickly when washing.

Now lets take this a step further .... for those of you who seal your car and then top with a wax, what soap are you using and why ?? For instance, if you use Duragloss Sealant and a Souveran topper for gloss/wetness then do you use the Duragloss soap or the Pinnacle soap ?? My thought is to follow the soap best dedicated to the final LSP. After all while Duragloss makes one great soap for sealants, it doesnt work well with all carnaubas and actually seems to remove the wax and thus all the work done to top. Would Pinnacle Wash have been the best choice ??

Thoughts ??? Lets even consider for a moment a quick detailer + type product used weekly after washing. While a sealant would allow for either a sealant based or wax based qd'er+ to be used, should you consider the same when a wax is the LSP ?? (ie. should Aquawax be used over carnauba LSP or should you stick with Souveran Spray Wax as example)

D
10-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Do manufacturers really make soap designed to be used with their LSP?

trhland
10-03-2007, 04:23 PM
i use only carnuba wax . and after testing many soaps my number favorite is!!!!!!! drum roll!!!!!!!!! pinnicle bodywork shampoo!!!!!!!. but i do use others like optimum/ megs goldclass/ d/p. its what ever im in the mood for. if im sad and need a little more bubbles i go for optimum:Dif im felling playfull i go for pinnicle:D. ok im a nutt job:D

klumzypinoy
10-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I use Poorboy's soap mainly. Is it neutral? I.E., nice for both sealants and wax? I know Poorboy's makes sealant and wax so I'm assuming it's neutral :).
For QD, I actually just use DP four in one mix for QD (just a drying aid). My LSP has always been wax, but I recently used Wolfgang DGPS on one of our vehicles (4 Runner). I also use Citrus wash n gloss, and it says it doesn't strip wax and sealants.

Truls
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
As for soap, it depends on how dirty the car is..But the one i use most is the Poorboys SS&S, and i just got the Poorboys SS&W to try out, DG 901 often goes in the foam gun/lance together with either SF or DP extrem..But as said thats depending on dirty or not.

How these are regariding the removal of WAX i dont know, but i often feel that the paint looses some slicknes rather quick on some waxes..But that may be normal?

QDer, Souveran wax with souveran spray wax, DG 111 with the DG aquawax feks, but i have never had any issue with using any QDer over any type of sealant or wax ever, so i cant see a issue with that, or maybe its because i remove the wax when washing and its therfore there are no bonding issues???

Damn killr, you are messing with our heads here

So what soap is the mildes out there???

gary26
10-03-2007, 06:38 PM
[quote=D&D Auto Detailing;141210]Do manufacturers really make soap designed to be used with their LSP?[/quote

You would think that would be the manufactors goal to make there products compatible. But now that the question has been asked.

ScottB
10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I believe a manufacturer tests and ultimately offers a soap that works best within their line, yes ! As for the mildest soap to date, probably the P21S and I dont like it. I do like Pinnacles on carnaubas as cleans well but doesnt remove the wax, it doesnt seem to work as well on a sealant however.

D
10-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Im not sure they put THEIR wax on a car then wash with their soap and see how much wax was removed. All we can do is speculate.

Surfer
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I actually only use Duragloss wash, think its better then SSS. It's very gentle on wax, never saw any harm to the lsp and leaves one hell of a shine after. All I use is Carnauba wax and sometimes AW for lsp. Never had trouble with AW over wax either.

silent926
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I always use warm hyperwash for my cars with sealants and gold class for my carnuba and natrual/synthetic. I can get #26 to bead up for 3-4 months with 3 washes a week. I can get our sealant to bead up for 6 months+. With 3-4 washes a week.

This is what ive noticed from my past 3 years from managing our lot at our dealership.

supercharged
10-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I always top sealants with wax, and soaps I'm using are Pinnacle, Optimum, Poorboy's SS&S, and Duragloss soaps...All seems to work well, I always use QD (FK425) after wash.

wytstang
10-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Currently using TOL bubble bathe and it's very gentle on LSPs. Since I use mainly Carnauba it works fine with out being harsh at all. The more I use it the more I like it, mixing 1 1/2 ounce to 2 gallons to works great.

P1et
10-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I am using the CG Citrus Wash and am very anal about putting 5 gallons of water with one ounce of the stuff. If you mix it too lightly, you're going to be stripping wax for sure!

MikeyC
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I am using the CG Citrus Wash and am very anal about putting 5 gallons of water with one ounce of the stuff. If you mix it too lightly, you're going to be stripping wax for sure!
I've been using this stuff lately too. I usually use about 1.5 oz. in 4 gallons and have not noticed any degradation of my LSP. So, I think you could use more of the soap than you are currently so that you have a more slippery solution.

Anyway, personally I wouldn't necessarilly say that soaps are designed for use with carnauba or sealants (excepts soaps that actually contain carnauba). I would say however that some soaps are more gentle than others and the more gentle soaps are less detrimental to carnauba protection.

D
10-04-2007, 12:36 PM

Im surprised you use that stuff, its a strong soap. I guess if you mix it right it wouldnt hurt. Just seems too strong for me either way. I use it on customer cars that are being detailed in full though. My absolute favorite soap for that.