PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer removal?

terranoboy
02-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Hi guys my truck came with a turbo timer installed and it doesn't even work. Its a really ugly thing to and i would like to remove it. The problem is i'm not sure how to. My question is could i just cut the wires that lead to the turbo timer and tape them up with insulation tape or will the cut the whole circuit out? I'm not an expert at electrics as you can probably tell haha. Thanks everyone :D

AbileneAutoWerx
02-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Diesel I'm guessing? What brand timer and truck?

Mantilgh
02-03-2016, 11:06 PM
I would remove it all so long as they didn't do any soldering or splicing. Hopefully it is a "plug and play" set up.

Find the module and follow the wires and see what you find.

And I do not like to run a motor with, or with out, a turbo hard then just shut it off. I always try to let it cool down for the last few minutes of my drive if I am ragging it.

terranoboy
02-04-2016, 12:27 AM
Yes its a diesel and can someone please explain to me how to upload a photo then i will show you. Sorry :p

Mike@ShineStruck
02-04-2016, 12:42 AM
I would remove it all so long as they didn't do any soldering or splicing. Hopefully it is a "plug and play" set up.

Find the module and follow the wires and see what you find.

And I do not like to run a motor with, or with out, a turbo hard then just shut it off. I always try to let it cool down for the last few minutes of my drive if I am ragging it.

Not really a big deal if the Turbo is ball bearing and or water cooled..but still a good idea to
Like you said if I just recently ran it hard in boost, Id idle it prior to shutoff

It's crucial when its a journal bearing turbo though

AbileneAutoWerx
02-04-2016, 12:44 AM
Yes its a diesel and can someone please explain to me how to upload a photo then i will show you. Sorry :p

I use the iPhone Autogeek app and it just lets me choose to either take a photo or use one from my library.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-04-2016, 12:58 AM
If you use the thread you'd have to
click reply
The click the picture icon
Paste your img URL

If you need to upload it do it via imgshack or photobucket

It's be easier to just get the AG app