PDA

View Full Version : Question about Klasse and waxing

vindicator
10-03-2007, 02:45 PM
hello all, I have Klasse AIO and just got Klasse SG. I don't have a garage. I was wondering

1. I Wipe on wipe off AIO could I then WOWO KSG? or do I have to wait?

2. after I WOWO KSG could I then apply a wax or do i have to wait?

If I have to wait, like I said I do not have a garage I park on the street,should I then rewash the next day and then apply wax.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Vinny

MoBenzOwner
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
You can apply ksg after kaio but would be best if possible to wait at least 4 hours between the two. You should definitely wait at least 12 and preferrably 24 hrs before applying "wax" (i assume you mean a carnauba) over the ksg. Be sure to keep the car dry for the curing period after the ksg for a minimum of 12 hrs or the durability would be compromised a bit. If on the street I would definitely wash or perhaps QD before applying the wax. If it were me I would wait till next opportunity (after kaio and ksg and before waxing), then wash and once again apply the ksg. Then wash or qd and apply the carnauba based wax. The main thing is you cant reapply ksg once you put the topcoat of nuba wax on it.

My method would be:

1.) KAIO wowo wait at least 4 hrs

2.) Apply KSG with mister wowo (wait 12 to 24 hrs and apply 2nd layer of ksg optional using qd in between if necessay)

3.) Wash and apply carnauba wax

ScottB
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Klasse AIO is very versatile and can be used to chemically clean paint and leave some minor acylic protection. You can use KSG over it immediately or any other wax/sealant. Then you should allow 8-12 hours to cure properly. With KSG specifically, use the WOWO method immediately and I highly suggest a small travel size spray bottle to regulate how much to use.