PDA

View Full Version : Correcting Lexus Paint

blkexcoupe
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
My friend asked me to help him detail his year old black IS350, and show him how to do it. I was wondering for those of you guys who have detailed an IS what would you recommend for him to buy as a starter? I think he plans on working by hand for now, so I was thinking some klasse AIO would be good for him.

For when I detail his car, I was wondering what polish you guys would recommend? I've been planning on trying the new 1z pro line, but I don't know which one I should work with for his soft Lexus clear. I'm also waiting on some wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant to try too. :D

ScottB
10-03-2007, 03:58 PM
first find out if they still use single stage paint for blacks and reds. (meaning no clearcoat)

D
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I've been planning on trying the new 1z pro line, but I don't know which one I should work with for his soft Lexus clear.

Killr got to it before me, but you need to find out if hes got a clear on there or not.

blkexcoupe
10-03-2007, 04:35 PM
My friend was telling me the GS started getting clear coat around 2001, but I don't know if that year applies to all models. I'll find out when I work on his car, but for now I'm going to guess it has clear coat.