PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning question

parshooter
02-02-2016, 08:05 AM
I'm going to Nanosponge then put on Blackfire AIO on my black Charger this spring. I have a few waxes: 845, Mother's Synthetic, Coral Reef something or other... What I need to know is what I should do after the AIO polish/sealant? I don't want to coat it, I enjoy waxing every few months so a long-term product is not needed. I don't want to spend $50 on a show-car wax, but would like those results. TIA :xyxthumbs:

TTQ B4U
02-02-2016, 08:19 AM
I use BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan and love it on my black vehicles. Really adds some nice depth and the protection is solid too. Like you I'm a fan of relaxing and waxing/sealing my vehicles. Yes, it's crazy pricey but it goes a very long way and lasts. Not a requirement but I'm silly.

I too use 845 and there too love it. It's my go-to easy quick and done wax that also adds depth. Great stuff and very underrated in my opinion.

When I'm not using such products, I love and swear by the BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal spray. Like OptiSeal, it's a clear wipe on spray sealer that is as good as they say. LOVE IT. One bottle will last you quite a long time.

Not sure if that's what you're looking to hear but it's what my OCD calls for.

Desertnate
02-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Using what you have on hand, 845 is the clear winner. I would go with it.

However, the stuff easily lasts six months, so you might be a bit disappointed if you like to wax frequently.

parshooter
02-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Using what you have on hand, 845 is the clear winner. I would go with it.

However, the stuff easily lasts six months, so you might be a bit disappointed if you like to wax frequently.
Right, I'll still use the 845 but wanted something to put on top for some extra shine/depth.

FUNX650
02-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Right, I'll still use the 845

but wanted something to put on top
for some extra shine/depth.
IMO:
Adding another coat of Collinite #845
will get you that extra shine/depth.

Bob

NightForce
02-02-2016, 12:42 PM
IMO:

Bob

Bob's spot on with his advise! :props:

Collinite 845 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html) is one of those hidden gems just waiting to surprise you. Bang for the buck or dollar for dollar there's almost no other product which can compete with it especially at this price point.

Collinite 845 applied over a freshly polished finish leaves the surface looking wet and its protection lasts for 4 to 5 months, even through a long hard New England winter.

If your goal is to try something else and build inventory Autogeek is your 1-stop shop for all your detailing needs....:cool:

damaged442
02-02-2016, 01:04 PM
One more vote for the 845...

MattPersman
02-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Son1c black wax when it's released and avail here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parshooter
02-02-2016, 01:54 PM
IMO:

Bob
Well Bob, I respect your knowledge and opinions. But you are making this too easy for me :laughing:. I did put 2 coats of 845 on before "winter", and it did look pretty damn good.
So none of these moderate - high price, pure carnauba waxes are going to give me more oomph than another coat of 845 ?

Stegs
02-02-2016, 02:39 PM
845 is hard to beat. I was flat out shocked by how easy on/easy off it is.

It leaves a great shine, and last a long time. Dont let the basic bottle, un-fancy labeling get you, the stuff inside is gold

If you wanted to order another wax, that is priced OK, but leaves black looking fantastic, i would suggest chemical guys "petes 53"

It made my black truck look like "wet oil slick"

Check out my gallery for a reflection shot with that wax. Its great stuff, and priced decent.

FUNX650
02-02-2016, 03:01 PM
So none of these moderate - high price, pure carnauba waxes are going to give me more oomph than another coat of 845 ?
•Maybe for a few hours during a one-day,
indoor Car Show.

•Sealants/Hybrids:
Synthetic Waxes—the ones having "polymers and
resins" and other sorts of complimentary/marketing
buzz words—actually realizes more resilience and
enhances the gloss, moreso than do any of the
"pure(ly)" Carnauba Waxes, IMO.

--------------------------------------------------
•And...To quote Barry Meguiar:
"Interestingly, carnauba actually grays
the surface of a vehicle."
---------------------------------------------------

Bob

GSKR
02-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Right, I'll still use the 845 but wanted something to put on top for some extra shine/depth.
Or go with collinite 915 you get the best of both,depth shine and protection in one application.