PDA

View Full Version : Applying a Carnauba top coat

Toyguy
02-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Hi Guys, I'm new and been reading a lot of info here for about two weeks before joining the forum.

I have a question about applying a Carnauba wax top coat. Most of what I'm reading about Carnauba top coats has been talking about applying a paste wax form by hand with a applicator.

Does anyone apply a Carnauba paste wax top coat using a DA machine?

Does anyone apply a Carnauba liquid wax top coat using a DA machine?

Thx Rich

mcate
02-01-2016, 08:44 PM
I normally apply both with a DA. It's definitely quicker, & it's said to yield a more even coat.

BillE
02-02-2016, 07:23 AM
I normally apply both with a DA. It's definitely quicker, & it's said to yield a more even coat.

:whs:

Bill

FUNX650
02-02-2016, 08:23 AM
I have a question about applying a Carnauba wax top coat.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/88770-how-many-you-use-machine-wax-your-vehicle.html

Bob

Paul A.
02-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I responded to the poll Bob linked in but will say again here i always use a DA for both paste and liquid waxes. I like the speed and the ease of applying an even layer.

david b
02-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Yes, love using the DA to apply Pinnacle Souveran. PC with LC blue flat pad.

NightForce
02-02-2016, 12:47 PM

Hi Rich,

As a matter of fact, I apply as many products using a Dual Action Polisher as I can. Applying products using this method virtually guarantees product coverage and uniformity which is what we all strive for.

Paste, Gell, or Liquid all go on using my Dual Action Polisher with a blue or red foam pad...

Kamakaz1961
02-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Hi Rich,

As a matter of fact, I apply as many products using a Dual Action Polisher as I can. Applying products using this method virtually guarantees product coverage and uniformity which is what we all strive for.

Paste, Gell, or Liquid all go on using my Dual Action Polisher with a blue or red foam pad...

Off Topic....DIG your Avatar!! I just finished Building my AR. Spike's Tactical Stripped "Calico Jack" Receiver with paint. Daniel Defense Lower Parts, Adam Arms Gas Piston Upper and David Tubbs Springs.....you have Great taste in Avatars....going to shoot my build this weekend to see if it fires or blows up....LOL

NightForce
02-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Off Topic....DIG your Avatar!! I just finished Building my AR. Spike's Tactical Stripped "Calico Jack" Receiver with paint. Daniel Defense Lower Parts, Adam Arms Gas Piston Upper and David Tubbs Springs.....you have Great taste in Avatars....going to shoot my build this weekend to see if it fires or blows up....LOL

Thanks for the complement! :props:

Love building them almost as much as I enjoy using them.... Great list of components, top shelf!

Jaretr1
02-02-2016, 02:12 PM
I sometimes us a DA to apply wax or sealant, liquid or paste. I am actually not sure its faster, especially when you factor in the set up, and then the cleaning of the pads and putting the tool away etc. However, it definitely does allow nice thin even coats to be applied, much moreso than by hand. This also makes using less product easier.

mwoolfso
02-02-2016, 06:25 PM
I sometimes us a DA to apply wax or sealant, liquid or paste. I am actually not sure its faster, especially when you factor in the set up, and then the cleaning of the pads and putting the tool away etc. However, it definitely does allow nice thin even coats to be applied, much moreso than by hand. This also makes using less product easier.

+1