PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon question

j2thad2thac
02-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Do you guys soak the car down with foam and then start washing with a mitt? Or do you rinse off the foam and start hand washing afterwards?

Matt@Revive
02-01-2016, 05:56 PM
depends on how dirty the car is. most of the time i rinse to remove the big stuff, foam, then mitt with 2 bucket.

11Silverado
02-01-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm the same as Matt. I'll pressure washer to start and really focus on areas where dirt collects the most, foam the vehicle, then wash with the 2 bucket method with the foam on the vehicle still.

j2thad2thac
02-01-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm the same as Matt. I'll pressure washer to start and really focus on areas where dirt collects the most, foam the vehicle, then wash with the 2 bucket method with the foam on the vehicle still.

Does it matter if the foam is starting to dry before you start washing with mitt?

11Silverado
02-01-2016, 06:31 PM
I've never had soap dry on me. If it makes a difference, I wash indoors and don't have to deal with the sun. Before I foam I get all my stuff set up so I'm ready to start washing after I foam.

emmjay
02-01-2016, 10:47 PM
I personally HP rinse, Foam, HP rinse again and then move to 2 bucket. This is mostly to be overly safe and also because the weather here sucks (heat, dust and sand)

Also, I really like the foam to dwell and do its thing and after about 3-4 mins 80% of the foam has rolled off the car leaving barely any foam to wash with.

Better safe than sorry :xyxthumbs:

Just my way :D

Kamakaz1961
02-01-2016, 10:52 PM
depends on how dirty the car is. most of the time i rinse to remove the big stuff, foam, then mitt with 2 bucket.

:iagree: But haven't done that in a long time...I live in CA so have to change my technique....how I miss the foam gun!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-02-2016, 01:06 AM
First I will pressure wash off the loose dirt. Then I will use the foam cannon as a pre soak and saturate the paint and let it dwell. Next I will pressure wash it off and give it another saturation with a different soap that is used in the 2BM and then begin washing.

Maybe overkill but it works for me.

lawrenceSA
02-02-2016, 03:13 AM
First I will pressure wash off the loose dirt. Then I will use the foam cannon as a pre soak and saturate the paint and let it dwell. Next I will pressure wash it off and give it another saturation with a different soap that is used in the 2BM and then begin washing.

Maybe overkill but it works for me.

Very similar to the way I do it

HP rinse
Foam + dwell
HP rinse
Foam (purely for added lubricity)
Immediately begin 2BM wash

VISITOR
02-02-2016, 03:43 AM
i like to use the foam cannon on a dirty car (no pre-spray) and let the soap do it's job so there isn't any water on the finish from the start. after it has dwelled for it's duration, i then pressure wash the car and begin my wash routine...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-02-2016, 03:47 AM
Very similar to the way I do it

HP rinse
Foam + dwell
HP rinse
Foam (purely for added lubricity)
Immediately begin 2BM wash

Yes sir.

I also find that the second application of foam provides added lubrication when washing.

This step is monumental when doing mx washes.