PDA

View Full Version : AIO & Interior Cleaner Question

Hermes1
02-01-2016, 10:23 AM
I have been reading threads here on AIO's and how they can be used for everything from engine bay cleaning to interior depending on appropriate dilutions. This appeals to me as I would if possible, like a "do-it-all" product. Since I have been happy with other Optimum products, I thought I would try Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner. Then I saw the
Optimum Opti Clean Cleaner & Protectant which now has me wondering if maybe I should get and use a good AIO for engine bay, tires & wheels etc. and the Optimum Opti Clean Cleaner & Protectant for the interior surfaces? FYI: I am not a pro, rather a hobbyist/do-it-yourselfer. I appreciate any recommendations and thoughts.

Mantilgh
02-01-2016, 10:37 AM
It's up to you and how dirty or how often you maintain your vehicles.

OPC is a great all around APC. I don't have any experience with their cleaner/protectant but I believe most AIOs lack the cleaning power of a dedicated cleaner and are typically not as durable as a dedicated protectant.

If you clean frequently, an AIO should be fine and quick and easy. If you don't have the time for maintenance, get a good cleaner and a good protectant.

pheerix
02-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Opti-Clean is pretty good as an AIO cleaner short of heavy stains and grease. I use it to waterless wash my wheels, tires, wipe down the engine bay and its strong enough for those tasks. It's also gentle enough for interiors. I use it on the dash and plastics and it leaves a nice finish. I've even used it on leather and it removed blue jean dye transfer and on the steering wheel it leaves a nice clean feeling. No greasy or slippery feeling afterwards. Streaks on glass so wouldn't use it there. Also makes good Rinseless pre-soak. Very versatile product.

Hermes1
02-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Thank you both for the helpful replies, you have addressed my concerns about an AIO as a do-it-all. Sounds like an AIO might work for me for the most part since I tend to keep after all my detailing needs, so it is rare when things get real dirty. Looks like I should keep some single purpose products on hand for the times things get out of hand.

FUNX650
02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
I have been reading threads here on AIO's
and how they can be used for everything from
engine bay cleaning to interior
depending on appropriate dilutions.

I appreciate any recommendations and thoughts
IMO:
An AIO, and an APC, are two different types
of car-care products.

Bob