PDA

View Full Version : Spot Free Water system

Pages : [1] 2 3

tdrake2406
01-30-2016, 02:30 PM
Hey guys! I am in the market for a water filtration system so I can use it at my home. I have two cars that I wash every 1-2 weeks and sometimes more if it rains. I would like to purchase a system that could handle that amount and possibly a little bit more. I am not looking to build a system, just purchase a premade one. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you ahead of time.

ScottB
01-30-2016, 02:38 PM
CR Spotless Water Systems, deionization system, water de-ionizer, purified water systems, cr-spotless, spot free rinse, spot free car washing (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-water-systems.html)

TTQ B4U
01-30-2016, 05:26 PM
CR Spotless Water Systems, deionization system, water de-ionizer, purified water systems, cr-spotless, spot free rinse, spot free car washing (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-water-systems.html)

^ this. I have one and LOVE it. Especially given our family tends to have 1-2 black vehicles at all times. Really is nice in the summer as water dries fast and leaves zero spots.

jarred767
01-30-2016, 05:49 PM
I've looked into this in the past and sounds awesome. How often do you typically need to change the resin and filter? How many washes with a pressure washer could I expect?

TTQ B4U
01-30-2016, 06:28 PM
I've looked into this in the past and sounds awesome. How often do you typically need to change the resin and filter? How many washes with a pressure washer could I expect?

I've had mine for 2yrs, this will be my 3rd year and I've yet to replace mine. The meter on it shows you when to replace it. I'm likely due this summer and already have my stash ready in case.

All depends on flow rate. I have a setting on sprayer that came with mine and it puts out about 2.5gals per minute and it takes me about 1-2 minutes or just a bit less to give my car a full final rinse using this water. I work fast when rinsing it for the last time. Can't say how often I wash my car/cars.

QuickCln
01-31-2016, 02:01 AM
Please lookup my previous posts on deionized water systems, to get a detailed breakdown of what you are in for. But in short, it is the BEST thing I have ever bought.

Get the CR spotless. AND a pressure washer. You NEED a pressure washer with the cr spotless.

A normal garden hose uses 10-20 gpm of water which would deplete your filter like crazy, in a matter of a few uses. Instead, hook it up like: Spout > Hose > CR spotless > Pressure Washer.

The PW uses only 1.1- 1.7 gpm which cuts water useage to a fraction. I've had my unit for 6+ months of many many washes, and still dont have to replace the resin.

Final word of advice is to buy the resin in bulk from windows101. You will get 1 cubic feat for 150 shipped and will last you at least 3 years, if not much longer.

I NEVER dry my cars by hand any more, I just use the deionized system and it saves my a ton of drying rags\time\work PLUS keeps my finish from being scratched.

Win win totally worth it

jarred767
01-31-2016, 03:30 AM
I've had mine for 2yrs, this will be my 3rd year and I've yet to replace mine. The meter on it shows you when to replace it. I'm likely due this summer and already have my stash ready in case.

All depends on flow rate. I have a setting on sprayer that came with mine and it puts out about 2.5gals per minute and it takes me about 1-2 minutes or just a bit less to give my car a full final rinse using this water. I work fast when rinsing it for the last time. Can't say how often I wash my car/cars.

Thanks for the info, that's great to hear. Wonder how long it lasts when washing 1-2 cars a day? Is the added expense worth the time saved from drying?

Please lookup my previous posts on deionized water systems, to get a detailed breakdown of what you are in for. But in short, it is the BEST thing I have ever bought.

Get the CR spotless. AND a pressure washer. You NEED a pressure washer with the cr spotless.

A normal garden hose uses 10-20 gpm of water which would deplete your filter like crazy, in a matter of a few uses. Instead, hook it up like: Spout > Hose > CR spotless > Pressure Washer.

The PW uses only 1.1- 1.7 gpm which cuts water useage to a fraction. I've had my unit for 6+ months of many many washes, and still dont have to replace the resin.

Final word of advice is to buy the resin in bulk from windows101. You will get 1 cubic feat for 150 shipped and will last you at least 3 years, if not much longer.

I NEVER dry my cars by hand any more, I just use the deionized system and it saves my a ton of drying ragstimework PLUS keeps my finish from being scratched.

Win win totally worth it

Thanks I really appreciated that! I read through your other thread too and theres great content in there. I feel like now that I have a shop and the ability to have one of these wall mounted, it's almost a no brainer (there wouldn't have been room in my HHR for the cart mounted one). If I'm washing 1-2 cars/trucks a day, using a pressure washer that has a GPM of 1.4 and use it only for final rinses, what might you estimate the longevity of the DIW-20 might be before I need to replace the resin?

Really appreciate the tips and advice, this could make washing and drying so much easier and quicker, just let the exterior dry on it's own while I detail the interior:dblthumb2:

frankprozzoly
01-31-2016, 06:32 AM
I don't use a pw. My resin barely lasts 3 months.

QuickCln
01-31-2016, 03:32 PM
It all depends on your water hardness. In SOCAL its like 450ppm, in arizona it may be worse. Just depends. The water hardness + gpm rating determine resin consumption.

I did all those calculations for a diyer for home cars. If you run a shop, I would use DI water for everything except for the buckets. I would fill the buckets with reg water but do all of the snow foam and rinse downs with DI water.

Good luck. Just buy the cr and a pressure washer and you wont regret it.

AGOatemywallet
01-31-2016, 03:43 PM
Do a Google search: Water Hardness and the name of your city

98LowRanger
02-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Been looking into the CR Spotless system for a while now. The cost is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Anyone here rig up their own filtration and water softener setup?

Ebg18t
02-01-2016, 09:09 PM
What about just getting a whole house filter & softener system?

BrutalNoodle
02-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Been looking into the CR Spotless system for a while now. The cost is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Anyone here rig up their own filtration and water softener setup?

I would love a CR Spotless setup, but living in a condo & in a county where water usage is heavily monitored means it's out of the question. Since I'm but a weekend warrior, a faucet filtration system is the best option. I have a Culligan FM-15A. For around $20, I get approx 200 gal of filtered water between cycles ($13 for a replacement cartridge). So far it's working quite well for my needs.

98LowRanger
02-02-2016, 05:46 AM
Ok guys, correct me if I am wrong, but I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Most of these de-ionization systems consist of two canisters. One appears to be just a filter and the other contains the resin. I have a filter under my house, but what if I mounted another filter right after my water spigot. Leave it hooked up all the time (so water for my wash buckets as well as water for rinsing all gets filtered again) as filters are less costly as resin. Then from the filter, a hose goes to a portable resin filter that I only attach inline (right before my pressure washer) during rinsing. Will this system work well?

vanev
02-02-2016, 10:15 AM
I will be purchasing the CR system myself in the coming weeks.

Just a suggestion for when not using a hose and bucket system.
For spotless car washes, use distilled water and a rinseless wash solution of your choice.
Use proper technique immediately followed by a drying towel with some form of drying aid.

http://i.imgur.com/YXUrUWdb.jpg