PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Uber Coating

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScottB
01-30-2016, 11:10 AM
My new daily driver arrived at the first of the New Year. The dealer did nothing more than check in the unit, no cleaning was ordered and followed.

Upon receipt of the unit , we have had several cool fronts and lots and lots of rain. I took the time and use of the garage to prepare and protect the new car.

Washed with Iron-X Snow Soap. Light clayed with Pinnacle Ultra Clay. Car needed only light polishing, so Menzerna's 085rd was used. The car was wiped down with Menzerna Top Inspection and Wolfgangs Uber Coating was applied to everything but the glass.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=102588

Everything went exactly to plan and the outcome was more than could be captured on phone. The gloss and reflection is incredible. The product is very easy to use. Over application was extremely forgiving and buffing was also very effortless.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=102648&size=1

One week later , between storms, the car cleaned up extremely well and quickly. This coating is quite impressive and beyond user friendly.

Don't discount coatings as expensive, and hard to use. If it protects for even a year, its well worth the cost of admission. Especially the time saving at weekly cleanups.

**special thanks to Nick@Autogeek for the product, and special thanks to Christopher my little detailing partner !

Pats300zx
01-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Looks fantastic Scott. Congrats on the new purchase. :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

LEDetailing
01-30-2016, 03:11 PM
Nice Buick, looks great. Looks like you have a helper for the next 10-15 year. I like those wheels, would love to see those wheels with a med gray painted finish. This product has me interested in an easier to use coatings.

Scoobertin
01-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Very nice. I have to wait till the weather warms up before I can apply my WG coating, I just got done last night applying WG sealant for the time being.

BadgerRivFan
01-30-2016, 03:43 PM
As a Buick collector, seeing a clean and glossy Buick always brings a smile to my face. Love Wolfgang products and your beautiful Regal GS! Great work and enjoy the new ride!!

Ebg18t
01-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Scott - can you explain you application method? I have the coating coming and just looking for any additional application tips.

DetailDrivenEugene
01-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Car looks great Scott! I would expect nothing less from Wolfgang coating.

Ebg,
This stuff is a breeze to put on. Just make sure to use the Wolfgang paint cleaner or something similar to get rid of polishing oils, and have adequate lighting to see the high spots. Follow the instrructions........That's it. This stuff is almost as easy to use as wdgps, which is pretty much idiot proof. :)

B

Ebg18t
01-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Ebg,
This stuff is a breeze to put on. Just make sure to use the Wolfgang paint cleaner or something similar to get rid of polishing oils, and have adequate lighting to see the high spots. Follow the instrructions........That's it. This stuff is almost as easy to use as wdgps, which is pretty much idiot proof. :)

B

Ive used several coatings including OPT 2.0, CQUK and CQuartz; never had a problem. I tried the BF Crystal Coating this weekend and was very frustrated so I figured I'd give the new Uber a try instead on the wife's new Subaru.

It seems like an easy coating to apply, but after today I am looking for any suggestions.

TTQ B4U
01-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Car looks great. You look shorter than I pictured you though. :xyxthumbs:

willowcat11
01-30-2016, 11:09 PM
killrwheels@autogeek,

Thankyou for the great write-up and review. You car looks terrific!

What product did you end up using on the actual Tires?

Thanks much, and have a great one!

Ray

QuickCln
01-31-2016, 01:53 AM
gorgeous buick. Especially like your choice of wheels. Anything concave and low profile will dramatically improve the aesthetics\proportions of most cars.

congrats

SuperGlide
01-31-2016, 04:12 PM
Nice new vehicle prep. Congratulations!

ScottB
01-31-2016, 06:13 PM
Scott - can you explain you application method? I have the coating coming and just looking for any additional application tips.

After wiping the finish with the Menzerna Inspection Spray, I applied Wolfgang Uber with the included applicator. The syringe is very user friendly as it limits over use. The Wolfgang Coating is not slippery at first, but you can tell where you have gone.

My son, helped me buff the panels with a MF towel to make sure no high spots. A light back and forth motion did wonderful and two washes later, I have not noticed one area that was missed nor an area with high spot.

killrwheels@autogeek,

Thankyou for the great write-up and review. You car looks terrific!

What product did you end up using on the actual Tires?

Thanks much, and have a great one!

Ray

Two coats of Perls from Carpro. I was a big fan on Optibond but have found a bit more gloss when using Perls.

Ebg18t
02-03-2016, 06:08 AM
Thanks Scott. I'm going to apply it this weekend. Any idea if it can be used on light textured plastic? (Lower door trim on a Subaru).

Hermes1
02-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Looks great nice work, congrats on the new vehicle. I am very curious about the WGU coating. In April when I got my new truck after proper prep, I applied CQuartz UK. It was easy to apply and I was happy with the look and so far at a point where I would be re applying a sealant, it is still holding up well. Supposedly one can get 2-years out of CQuartz, wonder what the longevity factor is for WGU coating? I am curious because prior to using CQuartz I was using WG Sealant3.0 and Fushion wax and was very impressed with both products.