PDA

View Full Version : My 3D/HD plan for my 09 Shelby

mcate
01-30-2016, 09:00 AM
In recent years my spring Shelby detail has been all Menzerna. FG400, SF4000, & PL. Then over the summer I'd throw a coat of CL on it as a refresher before car shows.
Last year I bought a bottle of HD Polish & fell in love with it. So over this winter I snagged some more 3D stuff. I've now got Cut, Adapt, Polish, Poxy, & Express. The car is a garage queen, & has some minor swirling from me dusting it off at shows. I plan on correcting it with Adapt & a white pad, polishing with Polish & a blue pad, & protecting with Poxy. Then using Express as a refresher before shows. And I plan on getting a bottle of Touch as a QD.
HD users, how does that sound?

ScottB
01-30-2016, 10:10 AM
Have you considered moving to a coating for protection ???

custmsprty
01-30-2016, 10:26 AM
You pretty much described my GC as far as garage queen. Honestly I think if you just go with HD Polish you will be fine and skip the Adapt step. Try Polish with a white pad, you can always step it up to an orange pad and then Speed with a white pad. The HD line is not complete until you have HD Speed. I have all the others you mentioned. I've yet to ever need to break out Cut. HD Polish finishes down like a dream. You may find Polish/Poxy combo to be all you need. At the same time, as you've described your situation, Speed may easily remove the minor imperfections. I usually use an orange pad with Speed.

mcate
01-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Have you considered moving to a coating for protection ???

I have, but I've never done one. I've only seen 1 car that had one done & it didn't impress me that much. I'm in a small Indiana town & I've never had a customer ask for a coating. I do the wife's Caddy SRX with Wolfgang every year, & I've thought about trying their coating out. I emailed Nick last week & he gave me some good info on it. I've just always gone sealant/wax on mine & my customer cars. I'm perfectly happy with the look I get with Menzerna, but I always enjoy trying new stuff.

DeansDetailing
01-30-2016, 10:36 AM
I have Cut, Adapt, Speed, and Polish. I'd try the least aggressive method first. Try Speed with a white pad first.

mcate
01-30-2016, 10:38 AM
You pretty much described my GC as far as garage queen. Honestly I think if you just go with HD Polish you will be fine and skip the Adapt step. Try Polish with a white pad, you can always step it up to an orange pad and then Speed with a white pad. The HD line is not complete until you have HD Speed. I have all the others you mentioned. I've yet to ever need to break out Cut. HD Polish finishes down like a dream. You may find Polish/Poxy combo to be all you need. At the same time, as you've described your situation, Speed may easily remove the minor imperfections. I usually use an orange pad with Speed.

Speed is one that I don't have yet. I've read SO much good stuff about it, but I've never used an AIO. Guess I always thought it was kind of a cop out! lol
I agree with how Polish finishes out. I like it as much as or better than SF4000. I didn't have much success last year correcting with it, although i may not have tried an orange or MF pad.

ScottB
01-30-2016, 10:45 AM
I have, but I've never done one. I've only seen 1 car that had one done & it didn't impress me that much. I'm in a small Indiana town & I've never had a customer ask for a coating. I do the wife's Caddy SRX with Wolfgang every year, & I've thought about trying their coating out. I emailed Nick last week & he gave me some good info on it. I've just always gone sealant/wax on mine & my customer cars. I'm perfectly happy with the look I get with Menzerna, but I always enjoy trying new stuff.

I recently used the Wolfgang Uber coating ...it is literally easier to use than a sealant. (only very light buffing for over application areas). It is very glossy and reflective which adapts well to dark cars.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=102588

mcate
01-30-2016, 10:48 AM
I have Cut, Adapt, Speed, and Polish. I'd try the least aggressive method first. Try Speed with a white pad first.

Guess I'm going to have to get some Speed. I see you're in Va Beach. Spent my last 10 yrs in the Navy there before I retired in '07. Love it out there & hope to move back someday.

boomdone
01-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Speed is good if you want a AIO product. But if you like applying your own wax or sealant then stick with HD Polish.

KBsToy
01-30-2016, 12:53 PM

:dblthumb2:

DeansDetailing
01-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Guess I'm going to have to get some Speed. I see you're in Va Beach. Spent my last 10 yrs in the Navy there before I retired in '07. Love it out there & hope to move back someday.

I don't think you have to get Speed. See if Polish works first, if it doesn't try some Adapt. VA Beach is a decent area.

That's a NICE 'Stang!