PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Souveran Paste Wax & Menzerna Final Inspection

6LS2
10-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey my fellow autogeekers :) As some of you know I won the Show N Shine contest for September ( thanks to everyone who voted for me :cheers: ) I've always wanted to get Souveran Paste Wax, so I did! :) I ordered

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Menzerna Final Inspection

Now I know there are threads on this, but is Souveran really that good? I always see people saying how awesome it is so I'm pretty excited.. Do you see a difference as soon as you apply it on the car?

As for Menzerna Final Inspection, anyone used it? Thoughts? When I recieve the items I want to polish my dads car with XMT 360 and get rid of any light swirls that might be there, and I want to use the final inspection to see if all the swirls are really gone. Would it be okay to use it right after using 360? Would it affect the sealent in 360? This is the car souveran will be going on

http://i23.tinypic.com/qp3336.jpg

And maybe on my mums car

http://i21.tinypic.com/291gfgk.jpg

Thanks guys :)

6LS2

Rsurfer
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Sorry can't help you on final inspection I just use halogens to inspect. Your car will look dripping wet with souveran.

wytstang
10-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Never used 360 so I can't comment but 100% absolutely Souveran is that good and yes after the whole car is done you should see a very wet deep pool of joy lol.

6LS2
10-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Menzerna Top Inspection is a safe, water-based cleaner formulated to clean just-polished surfaces so you can inspect your work.

Thats what I meant when I said I want to check if the swirls are really gone. Because I've heard XMT 360 has some fillers in it so yeah..

klumzypinoy
10-03-2007, 01:51 AM
If you want to correct paint, use a pure polish/compound. XMT 360 will hide imperfections :p. I would think of XMT 360 as an AIO product that will leave a nice base for a wax/sealant, and not as something to correct paint with, but you can use it that way if you want to :)

THENIZZZEIL
10-03-2007, 03:04 AM
souveran is good

supercharged
10-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Im the MAN

ScottB
10-03-2007, 07:31 AM
your gonna love Souveran on both of those rides, I would highly suggest the Souveran Spray Wax also as a booster when needed.

Final Inspection is interesting, it works really well at removing fillers when polishing to inspect an area before moving on. It also can work well as a qd'er in a pinch on a sealant. Doesnt seem to dent it, which likely means its not as strong as alcohol/water blend most of us make ourselve.

Truls
10-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Souveran is great...

Final inspection is a great tool when detailing, makes you see the swirls pretty good if theyr not properly removed first time around..

P1et
10-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Can someone please speak to Souveran's durability? I know everyone dogs on P21S for not lasting very long, but I hear the same about Souveran since they are both beauty waxes.

Let's hear it from the users.

ScottB
10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Souveran will last about 4-6 weeks on average which is common for most carnaubas. It can be enhanced by using Pinnacles wash, and Souveran Spray Wax after washing for about 8 weeks of protection.

AL417
10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
:whs:
killr is right on with both the timeframe and how to extend and maintain the look and protection.

P1et
10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
That is a lot longer than I had expected, that is not shabby whatsoever...

THENIZZZEIL
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
durability of souveran
I cant really say much, becuase ive only had it on for about a month...but heres a cool story

I got my whole order from AG with WG DGPS + SOUVERAN PASTE so i nano'd the whole fender on my tahoe (metallic grey) and sealed + wax it...i didnt expect much since i ddiint do the whole car. The car had this undeniable shine and wetness to it vs the rest of it and i said "oh okay well duh, its the only panel thats clean"

A week later everytime i step outside my hosue that fender is just gleaming at me...and i park outside in the hot cali weather.

a week ago (now 4 weeks after using the stuff) it rained cats and dogs, i had put about 300 miles on my car and was stuck in traffic for 2 hours for a 23 mile ride in LA..Did a detail the next day and left my car in the rain and on that sunday when it was all dry..That fender seemed to be untouched, no water spots, no lost of luster , pretty much the same condition as it was the day i put it on

til this day my fender still rocks...nothing less than it was first put on over a month ago...

I duno how much of it has to do with the sealant ..but either way u shoudl combine the 2 and youll see exactly what all the 'buzz' is about

ScottB
10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I believe some feel Souveran has dropped off to quickly because it does not bead in small tight beads. Remember it has no beeswax in it, which is commonly used in waxes to make those cool beads. When Souveran stops beading or starts to sheet it is done, thats why I suggest their wash versus others. Some washes try to sheet and could be confused as the wax dying off. In other cases the harsher sealant wash could actually strip and remove wax.