PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Problem/Questions

FTD911
01-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone,

I currently have the tornador z10. I currently use it on a Central Pnuematic 21 Gallon 2.5 HP oiled compressor. I notice at 90 psi it runs pretty weak, so weak it hardly cleans. Ive seen people with a similar compressor, a DeWalt 15 gallon 200 psi 4.7CFM and it functioned fine. I got the 3/8 hose and fittings at HF as well. I know with large consumption tools high flow fittings make a hell of a difference, which I have not tested yet. Do you all think its the fittings or the compressor? CFM really only matters when filling the tank back up...it sits at 125 psi and takes about 30 seconds to get to 90 psi and kick on the compressor.

I was thinking of grabbing a 10 gallon expansion tank to increase my volume to 31 gallons, but the tanks will most likely take forever to fill up.

Should I just upgrade to better compressor?

AGOatemywallet
01-28-2016, 10:46 PM
You should be fine with the performance stated for your current compressor

Has your Z-10 ever worked properly with this set-up?

If it has, the tip may be gummed up. Try dipping the tip into a bucket of clean water while running.

FTD911
01-29-2016, 05:22 AM
The gun is brand new. It is not gunned up. I am saying it doesn't work fine. I was wondering if the high flow fittings might be the solution. Of not I have to get another compressor as this one isn't strong enough. I haven't been able to find anyone who uses the z10 with this compressor.

Muddyoldgoat
01-29-2016, 09:32 AM
I would suggest finding a friend with a different compressor so that you can eliminate the gun being the issue.
I run my black from a Ingersol Rand 30 gal and it does great for about 3-4 minutes of continuous use. I then have to stop and let it catch up since the pressure has dropped so low that the gun is ineffective. This may be the case for you, I t just happens a lot sooner.

litespeed77
02-01-2016, 08:06 AM
I've just bought the same compressor and use the tornador. I can outrun the tank and will have to wait sometimes. However the tornador has plenty of power.

I have to clean this tool often using the dunking method mention earlier. Some of the cars I clean are pretty dirty and the tool clogs fairly quick. I use my wash bucket (I clean the outside first) to clean it when the performance drops. Hope that helps.

KB in MD
02-01-2016, 08:38 AM
I've just bought the same compressor and use the tornador. I can outrun the tank and will have to wait sometimes. However the tornador has plenty of power.

I have to clean this tool often using the dunking method mention earlier. Some of the cars I clean are pretty dirty and the tool clogs fairly quick. I use my wash bucket (I clean the outside first) to clean it when the performance drops. Hope that helps.

Which model of Tornador do you use?

KB in MD
02-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I currently have the tornador z10. I currently use it on a Central Pnuematic 21 Gallon 2.5 HP oiled compressor. I notice at 90 psi it runs pretty weak, so weak it hardly cleans. Ive seen people with a similar compressor, a DeWalt 15 gallon 200 psi 4.7CFM and it functioned fine. I got the 3/8 hose and fittings at HF as well. I know with large consumption tools high flow fittings make a hell of a difference, which I have not tested yet. Do you all think its the fittings or the compressor? CFM really only matters when filling the tank back up...it sits at 125 psi and takes about 30 seconds to get to 90 psi and kick on the compressor.

I was thinking of grabbing a 10 gallon expansion tank to increase my volume to 31 gallons, but the tanks will most likely take forever to fill up.

Should I just upgrade to better compressor?

Curious as to why you purchased the Z10 over the Z20?

KB in MD
02-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Here's another thread of interest: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/97557-tornador-users.html

FTD911
02-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Well the z10 was the only one out. Can you convert a z10 to a z20 by buying the head assembly and just screw it on? would save me a ton on money.

Mantilgh
02-02-2016, 09:44 AM
You might be able to.

I would compare the parts lists and see how it differs.

Z-010 Cross Reference (http://tornador.us/z-010-cross-reference.html)

Z-020 Cross Reference (http://tornador.us/z-020-cross-reference.html)

I believe they have an air regulator valve that can be adjusted. Maybe for some reason it's not set right.

AGOatemywallet
02-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Well the z10 was the only one out. Can you convert a z10 to a z20 by buying the head assembly and just screw it on? would save me a ton on money.

There is a company that offers an upgrade kit for the Z-10

Google