PDA

View Full Version : Coating recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

Coopers ST
01-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Hey all,
I want to try my had at using a coating. I am going to practice on my wheels, my thinking is, how cad could I screw up wheels... I think by my fourth one I may have it down.
So, for a person new to coatings, what one do you recommend that is fairly user friendly even if that is at the expense of some longevity.

Thanks,
Brad

Jowillie
01-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Here's what I'm trying:
Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic Coating System (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-envrioshield-coating-system.html)
Price is right.

The Guz
01-25-2016, 08:05 PM
Gloss coat is user friendly as well.

dlc95
01-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Here's what I'm trying:
Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic Coating System (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-envrioshield-coating-system.html)
Price is right.

In general, I've had nothing but great results, and performance from Duragloss sealants.

Their coating is the one I would like to start with.

mwoolfso
01-25-2016, 11:07 PM
Wolfgang Uber is very good; don't let the syringe scare you away.

asianisafish
01-25-2016, 11:35 PM
Hey all,
I want to try my had at using a coating. I am going to practice on my wheels, my thinking is, how cad could I screw up wheels... I think by my fourth one I may have it down.
So, for a person new to coatings, what one do you recommend that is fairly user friendly even if that is at the expense of some longevity.

Thanks,
Brad

I'm in the same boat...I remember there was a coating that was sprayed on lightly and you apply it that way but I can't find out what it was

The Guz
01-26-2016, 12:46 AM
I will also toss Pinnacle Black Label into the mix as being very easy to use for a first timer.

Klasse Act
01-26-2016, 08:31 AM
My first coating was DGNCC and it was easy to use for sure but I felt the looks went away after about 2 MONTHES so I went back to my other DG and Collinite products.

Fast forward to this past fall where I applied PBL paint coating and I'm blown away by the looks AND performance! I did apply 2 coats of it and it's holding up great, rinsless and waterless washes are extremely easy with PBL paint coating on the car!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Coopers ST
01-26-2016, 09:23 AM
my first coating was dgncc and it was easy to use for sure but i felt the looks went away after about 2 monthes so i went back to my other dg and collinite products.

Fast forward to this past fall where i applied pbl paint coating and i'm blown away by the looks and performance! I did apply 2 coats of it and it's holding up great, rinsless and waterless washes are extremely easy with pbl paint coating on the car!

Sent from my lgls990 using tapatalk

pbl?

Klasse Act
01-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Pinnacle Black Label

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Sicoupe
01-26-2016, 09:55 AM
Me and my boy did his wheels with DP WHEEL COATING and it turned out really good. That was our first time using a coating.

11Silverado
01-26-2016, 10:20 AM
I've yet to try a paint coating, but I've been using PBL wheel and glass coatings. They were both super easy to apply, the durability is fantastic, and very easy to clean. I too want to try a paint coating and I think I'll eventually give Wolfgang Uber Coating a try.

Coopers ST
01-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the recommendations

vobro
01-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Just throwing ithis out, you may be better off on a trunk lid for your first time. Curves,turns and small areas like wheels are the places where you'll get high spots instead of a flat area where you can get a feel for how the product spreads and reacts.

Coopers ST
01-28-2016, 05:06 PM
One more question. Do wheels need a wheel coating, or does a regular coating for the car work on wheels also? Thinking heat may be an issue with them as most coatings come in wheel coatings also.
Thanks