PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Can't Post SnS Thread

zmcgovern45
01-25-2016, 08:13 AM
I receive a "Server Error" each time I try to submit my thread.... the exact content was fine on Autopia.... can an AGO moderator gimme a hand here?

Nick McKees37
01-25-2016, 08:29 AM
I receive a "Server Error" each time I try to submit my thread.... the exact content was fine on Autopia.... can an AGO moderator gimme a hand here?

We have a couple techs working on updating the forum. Some features/sub forums may be down temporarily while they perform various updates.

zmcgovern45
01-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Got it... was having the same issue last night and figured it may be resolved this morning. I'll try again later.

Thanks

Mike Phillips
01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Hi Zach, I've had the same problem too and it might sound strange but what is causing the problem is some combination of text in your copy will cause the error.

It seems to happen more often when I'm typing out LONG copy.

What I do is copy and save all my text to MS Word or some other software like Wordpad and then make my post with just a portion of what I wrote.

Usually if I can get the thread "started" I can hit the edit key and copy and paste the rest of the text and it will work.

Sometimes I have to add text chunk by chunk. And sometimes it's faster to just to take my original post and spread it out over more posts.

It's a quirky bug in the software but the good news like Nick said is the forum is getting ready for fresh overhaul.

:)

zmcgovern45
01-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Hi Zach, I've had the same problem too and it might sound strange but what is causing the problem is some combination of text in your copy will cause the error.

It seems to happen more often when I'm typing out LONG copy.

What I do is copy and save all my text to MS Word or some other software like Wordpad and then make my post with just a portion of what I wrote.

Usually if I can get the thread "started" I can hit the edit key and copy and paste the rest of the text and it will work.

Sometimes I have to add text chunk by chunk. And sometimes it's faster to just to take my original post and spread it out over more posts.

It's a quirky bug in the software but the good news like Nick said is the forum is getting ready for fresh overhaul.

Thanks for the comment, Mike.

I've tried that by cutting out the bottom portion of my post and attempting to post the first part... still no luck.. I'll keep trimming smaller chunks away and see if I can "get it started" as you said.

zmcgovern45
01-25-2016, 09:18 AM
weird... was something in my title? oh well... got it going! Thanks!

Moderators: Please delete thread

Mike Phillips
01-25-2016, 10:20 AM
It's actually been an issue for a few years and we've looked into the bug before with no luck. We expect the new forum update will fix the issue.