PDA

View Full Version : Swirl cannot be removed

binge
01-24-2016, 12:08 AM
I just got a 05 BMW black, and i have been working on it with new GG boss DA polisher. Im using M105 with Carpro flash pad and lake country hydro cyan pad for compounding and finishing with menzerna 4000 with black pad. The paint looks perfectly fine when i checked with LCD light right on top of it, but swirl started to appear when i checked at like 45 degree to the panel. They seems not deep swirl but they just dont't go away even with flash pad combo. Please help :buffing:

This is what the paint looks like when i checked right on top of it

Swirl started to appear when checked at 45 degrees angle

vobro
01-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Did you try a finish polish? Jet Black is usually very soft, try a less aggressive pad/ polish. It looks like micro- marring from your cutting that why it looks worse at an angle

AGOatemywallet
01-24-2016, 12:38 AM
The third picture is definitely not "micro marring"...those are defects that were not removed during the compounding phase.

Do a Test Spot with a light cutting pad of your choice and your M105. Make sure the defects are gone, do a quick IPA wipe down and then remove the haze that WILL be left behind by the M105 on black BMW paint.

Double check your technique:

- Enough downward pressure
- Proper machine speed
- Enough passes

binge
01-24-2016, 12:44 AM
Did you try a finish polish? Jet Black is usually very soft, try a less aggressive pad/ polish. It looks like micro- marring from your cutting that why it looks worse at an angle
yes i am finishing with black pad and menzena 4000, the swirl just dont go away :(

AGOatemywallet
01-24-2016, 02:12 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50162-how-do-test-spot.html

binge
01-24-2016, 02:37 AM
The third picture is definitely not "micro marring"...those are defects that were not removed during the compounding phase.

Do a Test Spot with a light cutting pad of your choice and your M105. Make sure the defects are gone, do a quick IPA wipe down and then remove the haze that WILL be left behind by the M105 on black BMW paint.

Double check your technique:

- Enough downward pressure
- Proper machine speed
- Enough passes

How come the paint looks fine when I look on top of it . I just don't understand :(

GSKR
01-24-2016, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=binge;1341225]I just got a 05 BMW black, and i have been working on it with new GG boss DA polisher. Im using M105 with Carpro flash pad and lake country hydro cyan pad for compounding and finishing with menzerna 4000 with black pad. The paint looks perfectly fine when i checked with LCD light right on top of it, but swirl started to appear when i checked at like 45 degree to the panel. They seems not deep swirl but they just dont't go away even with flash pad combo. Please help :buffing:

This is what the paint looks like when i checked right on top of it

Swirl started to appear when checked at 45 degrees angle
40391[/QUOTEIt looks like marring from a towel check your microfiber towel.

Dncswann
01-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Polishhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160124/bd6608a7ad7ce2cff942283b3a5ad9fe.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160124/c18f476813732cd4f434ed70e8c83474.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
01-24-2016, 09:11 AM
Basic question I'm sure you have covered, but has to be noted; are you sure the buffer is spinning? Put hash marks on the backing plate to see. It's not an odd angle but still... Again, no offense intended but I've got a couple angles on my Audi that are tough with a standard DA. I"m not sure if the GG is a gear driven unit or not.

Also, I know on my German cars, the paint responds very well to a microfiber cutting pad. I'd suggest trying that with a mild compound such as Megs Ultimate Compound or Optimum Hyper Compound. I can say on my car those would come out with Polish and a green pad or a polish and MF Pad with ease.

Lastly, Menzerma 4000 is good stuff but I don't think it would touch those easily. I like 4500 for my final polish with a white pad. Really very nice stuff.

binge
01-24-2016, 10:17 AM
well its all brand new just washed, but ill check next time :)

binge
01-24-2016, 10:25 AM
:xyxthumbs:
Basic question I'm sure you have covered, but has to be noted; are you sure the buffer is spinning? Put hash marks on the backing plate to see. It's not an odd angle but still... Again, no offense intended but I've got a couple angles on my Audi that are tough with a standard DA. I"m not sure if the GG is a gear driven unit or not.

Also, I know on my German cars, the paint responds very well to a microfiber cutting pad. I'd suggest trying that with a mild compound such as Megs Ultimate Compound or Optimum Hyper Compound. I can say on my car those would come out with Polish and a green pad or a polish and MF Pad with ease.

Lastly, Menzerma 4000 is good stuff but I don't think it would touch those easily. I like 4500 for my final polish with a white pad. Really very nice stuff.

well GG claims that they got more power than rupes 15, ill try increase the pressure next time to see how it goes. :xyxthumbs:
i got the china copy one, it seems they r the manufacturer for boss new boss polisher. it much more powerful than my G110.

i cant tell the difference between 4000 and 4500, they looks the same for me.