PDA

View Full Version : Is putting Interior Cleaner on Pedals & Shifter safe?

mycarmycar28582
01-23-2016, 05:14 PM
I hear a ton of people say that it's bad to use interior cleaners on things you need to grip on such as the steering wheel, pedals, shifter, etc. But my pedals & shifter are pretty dirty & I was wondering if using DP Interior cleaner would be safe on those parts, specifically DP interior cleaner, spray on microfiber & wipe away... Obviously I know that armor all is a trap that leaves everything oily...

Ebg18t
01-23-2016, 05:16 PM
I clean my steering wheel and shifter with interior cleaner every time I clean the car.

vantagesc
01-23-2016, 05:22 PM
As long as it doesn't leave behind a slick surface it's fine. With real leather steering wheels often they come out more grippy after all the dirt clogging the pores is removed.

Lt1xL82
01-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Decades ago a close friend had one of his employees clean his race car. In an attempt to impress his boss, the employee took a bottle of Son of a G$@ and "detailed" the interior...pedals, shifter, seat, dash...everything! You have to hear my friend describe trying to drive the car at the next event...the material could be used in a stand-up comedy act!