PDA

View Full Version : Periscope

FinishingTouchA
01-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Anyone here on Periscope? I'm trying it out for the first time... no idea what I'm doing lol...

Anyways we're working on a nasty kid grime Tahoe interior today so if you anyone's interested my username is ftadetailing

:buffing:

SKorch630
01-23-2016, 07:02 PM
I use periscope daily. Not only to market, but to network as well. A lot of people are trying it out, and a bunch of other entrepreneurs I follow do as well.

FinishingTouchA
01-23-2016, 09:51 PM
I use periscope daily. Not only to market, but to network as well. A lot of people are trying it out, and a bunch of other entrepreneurs I follow do as well.

After doing a few scopes today I feel that detailing might not be the best fit for the platform. What I am going to try is using it to network with other entrepreneurs as you said, and even show people how to use a facebook business page properly. That one I might do tonight. I just feel the engagement would be a lot higher if I did more talking and less showing.

SKorch630
01-24-2016, 12:08 AM
Follow guys like Shawn @AskAMillionaire or Andy Frisella, Pejman Ghadimi, Scott Lewis, etc. Those guys use Periscope every day. Shawn is wonderful to listen to as he's a philanthropist and offers a TON of quality business information. Wonderful content. Periscope is designed to give those interested in your area of expertise a look at what you do. I think detailing would be a great platform for the app, as those who don't know A LOT about it (myself), can check out your broadcast, and learn a thing or two. That's what it's all about. It's just like a mini tv show. Provide VALUE, and you'll have viewers.

FinishingTouchA
01-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Follow guys like Shawn @AskAMillionaire or Andy Frisella, Pejman Ghadimi, Scott Lewis, etc. Those guys use Periscope every day. Shawn is wonderful to listen to as he's a philanthropist and offers a TON of quality business information. Wonderful content. Periscope is designed to give those interested in your area of expertise a look at what you do. I think detailing would be a great platform for the app, as those who don't know A LOT about it (myself), can check out your broadcast, and learn a thing or two. That's what it's all about. It's just like a mini tv show. Provide VALUE, and you'll have viewers.

Any tips on getting good viewership? and gaining followers? I just felt a little weird talking with nobody watching then someone would pop in for 5-10 seconds and leave. Also it's a bit hard to talk over the noise of all the machines running in the shop. I really just need some stuff to talk about then I could go off that rather than trying to just broadcast the actual work.

SKorch630
01-24-2016, 09:23 PM
I guess you need to figure out exactly what it is you're trying to provide with the app. Are you offering business advice? Are you offering tips/procedures while detailing? Or are you just looking to use it to gain viewers?

Viewership is all in what you offer. If you're offering excellent advice on detailing, then those who are looking to increase their knowledge of the art, or are looking to get into it, or even perhaps someone to detail their vehicle, this would be the target audience. If you're offering business advice, well, then your audience broadens a bit to those entrepreneurs looking for advice. Find your purpose, and go after those viewers.

DNeo
02-19-2016, 05:51 PM
I've never used periscope, but I think I will now. Thanks for the heads up.

DNeo
02-19-2016, 05:58 PM
can you send a link to the site? I googled it and it appears to be some sort of video sharing website which is not what I think you were talking about.

driggett
02-19-2016, 07:08 PM
What would be great for those of us who can not watch it live is for you to upload to YouTube that evening. That way there is an archive of it for future reference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SKorch630
02-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Periscope is an App on your phone. Also, they allow you to view past videos, you just have to follow that user.