PDA

View Full Version : not new to auto detailing

bryne12839
01-23-2016, 12:07 PM
I just bought a beautiful used 2010 Corvette "Grandsport" convertible.It looks great but it just doesn't have that "wet look".It has a lot of that clear plastic stick on protection on all the major body panels:hood,fenders,doors,and trunk lid.
My question is:Will I ever get that clear plastic protection as shinny as the wet look?
I use a lot of the "Griots" products and I also have both the 3" and the 6" random orbital buffer that they sell.
Also It usually takes me all day long and then some to detail the exterior of my Corvette or my truck.Wow it gets tiresome and boring to waste a way an entire day on this process when I never ever get the exact results im looking for.
Id really appreciate some excellent feedback on my dilemma.
BRYNE

FUNX650
01-23-2016, 12:24 PM
I just bought a beautiful used
2010 Corvette "Grandsport" convertible.
It looks great.

My question is:
Will I ever get that clear plastic protection
as shinny as the wet look?

If the clear plastic protection (PPF) has been on
the vehicle for ~5-6 years...I doubt it very much.

But...Before replacing the PPF:
You can try to spruce it up some with a very mild
polish...using your GG Polisher on a low speed.

Note:
Don't linger too long in one area;
keep the Polisher moving.

Bob

sunday joe
01-23-2016, 12:54 PM
A test spot would be a good thing before you go too far with the wrong results. Will save you some heartache.

Good luck. :props:

TTQ B4U
01-23-2016, 07:39 PM
IF you end up having to redo it, use Premium Shield Elite. I've had clear bra's on my cars for decades and this is by far the most clear I've ever seen used. It allows me to have the wet look for sure. Completely un-noiticable on my headlights.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/Hood%203_zpshmbvzw07.jpg

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Have you ever thought about contacting a professional detailer to see if the results you are looking for could be achieved? Perhaps a good polish on PPF, and paint correction, followed by a ceramic coating will benefit you. Upkeep will be a breeze after. Otherwise, have you ever thought about applying a ceramic coating yourself?