PDA

View Full Version : Best Wheel and/or Tire Product against Brake Dust?

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
01-22-2016, 12:53 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering what some of the best products are out there that help deter brake dust from sticking to the Wheels and Tires.

I do know that nothing beats regular washing for keeping it off. But I would just hope to use something that even helps washing the dust off a breeze.

Thanks greatly!

Ray

The Guz
01-22-2016, 01:05 AM
Seal them or coat them. A coating will last longer.

UCDIE
01-22-2016, 01:51 AM
what he said. like carpro dlux

willowcat11
01-22-2016, 01:54 AM
Thank you Guz. The DP Wheel Glaze looks really good with the reviews and all, to use on my wheels. Not sure how well WETS does on the Wheels, but being able to use it on all Three; Trim, Wheels, and Tires is attractive.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-22-2016, 02:58 AM
A coating is the best option.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/89724-product-review-pbl-wheel-coating-w-6month-update.html

The Guz
01-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Thank you Guz. The DP Wheel Glaze looks really good with the reviews and all, to use on my wheels. Not sure how well WETS does on the Wheels, but being able to use it on all Three; Trim, Wheels, and Tires is attractive.

It's a nice product but I would opt for a coating instead. DP wheel coating is currently on sale for a good price. If it is anything like PBL then it's a great product.

A coating is the best option.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/89724-product-review-pbl-wheel-coating-w-6month-update.html

Great stuff right here.

Ebg18t
01-22-2016, 05:20 AM
Coat the wheels. Makes cleaning a breeze. I have CQUK on mine, putting dLux on our new car. PBL Wheel coating is another great option.

spewking
01-22-2016, 07:04 AM
Both DLux and CQUK are good on wheels. I'd have to give a slight edge to UK.

Paul A.
01-22-2016, 08:52 AM
And low dusting brake pads do wonders for upkeep and apperance between washings too.

SeanChav
01-22-2016, 09:39 AM
I use Optiseal on my cars wheels and it does well at keeping the minimal brake dust from "sticking".... most of it gets blasted off by the water hose then I'll do slight agitation with some APC

Jaretr1
01-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Hydro2 is also a great choice because you can spray it on and hose it off. Lots of wheels have so many nooks and crannies and not having to actually touch them with a product makes Hydro2 so easy!

willowcat11
01-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your excellent suggestions! I saw PBL mentioned a couple times. At first, those prices on their products really Freak me out, but if I could actually do as many wheels as they say it can, then maybe it's worth it.

vantagesc
01-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Coating will last longer, but obviously more expense. One of my cars is getting the leftover Optimum Gloss coat.

Also picked up Prima Wheel Armour from AG. On sale for $8 I believe. Can't go wrong for that price.

The Guz
01-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your excellent suggestions! I saw PBL mentioned a couple times. At first, those prices on their products really Freak me out, but if I could actually do as many wheels as they say it can, then maybe it's worth it.

AGO recommends that DP coating prep polish or PBL coating prep polish be used with either coating. Hard to beat the price for DP wheel coating at the moment. Same can be said for the tire coating or even the tire gel which is on BOGO.

Crispy
01-22-2016, 04:45 PM
I used Opti-Gloss Coat and maintained with some Permanon I had left over. I found this very good at repelling dirt and brake dust. Usually just a regular soap on Board Hair brush gets things done. Will sometimes use microfiber after Permanon (similar to Hydro2) but usually not needed.