PDA

View Full Version : New car prep

asalesagent912
01-21-2016, 07:01 PM
So i am waiting for my new lexus rx 350 to come in.
I plan on telling the sales man not to let them wash or detail the truck.
What i would like to know is should i have them remove the plastic?
IF not how do i remove it and when i do what will have to be done to it?
Will it need to be polished? I am not sure what is left behind after removing the plastic
any info is appreciated.
thanks

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-21-2016, 07:25 PM
Having them remove the plastic is your choice. If I were in your shoes, I would leave it on till I got home. Then you can remove. The residual adhesive will easily come off with a bit of APC, Bug & Tar remover, or mineral spirits.

Polishing will depend on how OCD you are. You would not believe the amount of new cars I polish due to factory defects.

detailsbydennis
01-21-2016, 07:42 PM
I would let them take off the plastic. If the car is clean when it arrives all the better. Check out the car at the dealer with the salesman. If there are any issues with the paint or trim take note with them. If you take the car home with the plastic on they might give you a hard time if there any issues. As far as the adhesive residue comes off easy with a solvent.

asalesagent912
01-21-2016, 07:50 PM
ok thanks for the respones

LSNAutoDetailing
01-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Congrats!!! Nice car! Please post pics.

GSKR
01-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Will it need to be polished? I am not sure what is left behind after removing the plastic
any info is appreciated.
thankslet them take it off,because if you take the car and remove the plastic there maybe a dent or some kind of damage then you might be screwed.when taking off the sheeting you just have to wipe away the glue lines.

weekend warrior
01-21-2016, 09:02 PM
any info is appreciated.
thanks

I just received my 2016 camary about 3 weeks ago.....the car came with Elite toyogard...they put a sealant called Car Butler on....the car is so shinny and smooth....see if your car comes with it...

asalesagent912
01-21-2016, 09:28 PM
let them take it off,because if you take the car and remove the plastic there maybe a dent or some kind of damage then you might be screwed.when taking off the sheeting you just have to wipe away the glue lines.
yes that's a great point. ill just tell them to take it off and i will just inspect it before i leave with it.
thanks

asalesagent912
01-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Congrats!!! Nice car! Please post pics.
Thanks. I had to special order it in November, should be here late February
I will post pics as soon as i clean it up.

ski2
01-21-2016, 11:31 PM
I have them remove the plastic while I'm there for pickup so the salesmen and I can inspect the car together. This way you can identify any defects/damage with the sales rep present.