PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scenes with Troy Ladd at Hollywood Hotrods!

Mike Phillips
01-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Behind the scenes with Troy Ladd at Hollywood Hotrods! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/competition-ready-velocity-channel/98234-behind-scenes-troy-ladd-hollywood-hotrods.html)

AJ, myself and our team are at Troy Ladd's shop today prepping his latest creation.

:)

Craig Parker
01-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Cool Mike, it looks like the making of another hot rod in photo 3.:dblthumb2:

austinz
01-20-2016, 03:21 PM
That is one tall firewall! Cadillac body?

Mike Phillips
01-20-2016, 06:33 PM
First break since we started so I took these shots.

Time to get back to work!

:D

axel06
01-20-2016, 08:07 PM
awsome :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

DTSDETAIL
02-23-2016, 07:38 PM
im always maintaining cars right next to hollywood hot rods at my buddies new shop Garagerz.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-24-2016, 01:08 AM
Looks like fun Mike, I doubt anyone has as much fun as you doing your job !

Mike Phillips
02-24-2016, 08:34 AM
Looks like fun Mike, I doubt anyone has as much fun as you doing your job !

It's a lot of fun but my job also has a lot of responsibility. I represent over 70 brands, that's like being the employee for over 70 companies so I have the responsibility to stay on message for each of the companies and also give each company fair and balanced treatment.

In the forum world and especially in the Facebook world most guys don't have this type of responsibility and it shows by the things they say that the public can read - including the owners, reps and employees of businesses. I don't think some of these guys think this through very well and for better or worse... create a reputation for themselves.

I don't mind the responsibility because what it really means is simply being honest.

I'd also add that when I write article, (and I have written more articles than pretty much anyone I know in the car detailing world), or when I wrote how-to books - each word has to be bullet-proof because all this work is open to peer review via the forums and Facebook.

I meet a lot of detailers that want to take their career to a higher level and I always encourage them to do so but that means at some point, somewhere taking a leadership position.

That means taking on more responsibility and in most case it means being responsible to the companies that make the tools, pads and products we all use in this industry. It means expressing your opinion via articles, books, videos and even classes and that means putting yourself out there as both a credible source of information and a responsible source of information and in most cases it means doing it for y-e-a-r-s.

This circles back to the things I see others post on public forums and Facebook.

So "yeah" I have a great job because I get to do what I love and I don't mind the responsibility that comes with the position. I also conduct myself in a professional manner both offline and online.

I'm happy to say I've seen a handful of guys work up from only detailing cars to positions of great responsibility and if they read this post they'll know who they are.

Notice how I always post under my real name. That's brings with it more responsibility and scrutiny than posting under a fictitious nickname. It brings with it the factor of transparency.

:dblthumb2:

Desertnate
02-24-2016, 08:41 AM
You're in California today? Wow! You didn't get much time at home did you?

Mike Phillips
02-24-2016, 08:54 AM
You're in California today? Wow! You didn't get much time at home did you?

Hi Nathan,

Actually I'm back into the office today.

This thread was started 01-20-2016 but was recently posted to and I just replied so it's popped back up to the top of Recent Threads.

Heading out for Norway tomorrow though,

Mike and Yancy going to Norway! RUPES Norway Detailing Seminar - February 26th, 27th & 28th (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/97959-mike-yancy-going-norway-rupes-norway-detailing-seminar-february-26th-27th-28th.html)

RUPES Norway Detailing Seminar

Then the day after Yancy and I return I'm leaving the next day for this,

Active forum members around Rosemont, Illinois? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/98663-active-forum-members-around-rosemont-illinois.html)

After that we're filming at the Amelia Island Concours.

After that it's Detail Fest.

After that it's time for the Wheels Across the Pond car show.

After that it's out to SoCal for the Crossroads Concours car show.

After that it's time for an Road Show Class and we might be announcing this today.

After that it's time for the next 3-day Competition Ready Detailing Class here at Autogeek and I'm excited to say I have some really cool cars for the May class that everyone attending will get to work on.

1959 Cadillac Convertible
1939 Chevy 5-window Coupe (this one is very cool)
1966 Ford Fairlane
1967 Pontiac Tempest
1965 Pontiac GTO

This class always fill up but there's still seats available...

Mike Phillips Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class (http://www.autogeek.net/detailing-boot-camp.html)

Plus we'll be offering IDA SV certification on the Monday following the class.

Yeah... busy.... that's how I like it!

:dblthumb2: