PDA

View Full Version : Mike

larry33
01-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Is PBMG considering going public?

jcaustin87
01-19-2016, 02:24 PM
Seems like a question best answered by Bob. In an email.

Mike Phillips
01-19-2016, 03:50 PM
I haven't heard anything on this topic.

:)

axel06
01-19-2016, 05:39 PM
public then all the nutz will be outta the bag...

larry33
01-20-2016, 02:12 AM
I'd be surprised if it's not being considered.

willyray18
01-20-2016, 03:07 AM
Why in his right mind would he decide to go public for?

POPPAJ
01-20-2016, 06:52 AM
Why be Chairman when you can be an Emperor? :dblthumb2:

Sharply Dressed
01-20-2016, 07:48 AM
That will make it less personal, more profit driven. Bye bye mystery box.

custmsprty
01-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Why in his right mind would he decide to go public for?

:iagree:

Jaretr1
01-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Companies go public usually to raise money (unless I am clueless). PBMG is profitable and as far as I can tell, Bob does not need to raise money for business expansion or expenses. At the size the company is, I cannot possibly see a reason for it to go public.

Setec Astronomy
01-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Companies go public usually to raise money (unless I am clueless). PBMG is profitable and as far as I can tell, Bob does not need to raise money for business expansion or expenses. At the size the company is, I cannot possibly see a reason for it to go public.

+1

custmsprty
01-20-2016, 04:15 PM

Well said and :dblthumb2:

Bus_Driver
01-20-2016, 04:43 PM
What if they want to raise more money to expand? Outside of detailing, but still related maybe? Certainly looks like they are in user acquisition mode. Either raise money or be acquired for a great price. A business is either growing or dying.

Jaretr1
01-20-2016, 05:41 PM
What if they want to raise more money to expand? Outside of detailing, but still related maybe? Certainly looks like they are in user acquisition mode. Either raise money or be acquired for a great price. A business is either growing or dying.

So far, Bob has been able to acquire brands and expand without needing to raise money as far as I know.

It would be my assumption, that in the case he did need to raise money, it would be in his interest given the size of the company to seek private investors rather than take the company public. I do not know the business dealings of PBMG, but I do not think he has needed to do that. I believe they have used profits from the company to expand and invest, which would obviously be the best way to do it.

Some small and large companies do secure lines of credit in the case they need it. This could be another option. Think back to the economic collapse and the bailout of the auto makers, Ford has several billions of dollars in credit lines to use, while GM and Chrysler did not. Although Ford had gone through almost all of its cash, GM had billions in the bank they went through before they finally had to declare bankruptcy, and then get bailed out by the government because they could not get credit during that time.

DaveT435
01-20-2016, 05:59 PM
I don't see him going public. Look what he has created over the years. Market share seems to be growing quite well. Why would he want to start dealing with share holders?