PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 21 Mark II with 5" BP

apthai
01-17-2016, 11:26 PM
I recently picked up the 21 Mark II and got some 7" pads to go with it. Holy cow the pads are big.

Has anyone used the 5" BP with the Mark II yet? How much more vibration do you get?

jcaustin87
01-17-2016, 11:50 PM
<< Insert default position of Rupes warning you that the polishers are a system, and they do not officially support, condone, or recommend using the 21 with anything other than 6" backing plate that it is shipped with. >>

apthai
01-18-2016, 02:19 AM
<< Insert default position of Rupes warning you that the polishers are a system, and they do not officially support, condone, or recommend using the 21 with anything other than 6" backing plate that it is shipped with. >>

Yes I understand they don't recommend it but many people run it without problems. I'm wondering how much more vibration there is when switching to a 5" BP. If it's not too bad I'll pick up a 5" BP for my 21 Mark II.

FinishingTouchA
01-18-2016, 02:31 AM
At SEMA the Rupes guys told me exactly what jcaustin just said. I had never tried it before but just recently I've started using the 5" bp and pads on the OG 21 with very little change in vibration. That being said if I were you and you aren't going to use the big pads with it I would suggest just calling up AG and seeing if you couldn't possibly trade the 21 for a 15. The only issue I've had with the small pads on the 21 is stalling, and I think that's because the 21 relies on the inertia of the large pad to keep it spinning.

Mike@ShineStruck
01-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Try it with a pad like buff n Shine low pros
They look thicker then my boss pads

Zubair
01-18-2016, 03:35 PM
If Rupes sold the MKII 21 with the MKII 15 5" BP and the washer mod, sales would be through the roof!

fly07sti
01-18-2016, 07:21 PM
I look at it like this. If we all did what the manufacture said for our vehicles, there would be no such thing as hot rodding or customizing. I say try it out and see if you like it or not.