PDA

View Full Version : Is Aerospace 303 harmful to our health?

Pages : [1] 2

mycarmycar28582
01-17-2016, 07:23 PM
I've been looking for interior cleaners & 303 seems to do the job along with DP interior cleaner but 303 has much more cleaning uses but I hear that it can cause cancer... I know this is like standard thing for mostly every cleaner out there but everyone keeps saying that 303 causes cancer... I just want to know... If being in a convertible car everyday with 303 to be used to clean the interior, will it do any harm to my health because I'd be breathin in those chemicals?

GSKR
01-17-2016, 07:42 PM
I think driving a convertible you have more chances of inhaling carcinogens in the air,rather then using 303.Have you been in the back of a school bus lately or a fuming car or even cutting your grass with a high pollution mower.

custmsprty
01-17-2016, 07:43 PM
Where in the world did you hear that and whose everyone?

According to California pretty much everything causes cancer.

fly07sti
01-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Where in the world did you hear that and whose everyone?

According to California pretty much everything causes cancer.

Tell me about it. I can't walk more than a couple blocks while smoking a cigar before I get a " look"

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2016, 10:50 PM
If you're talking about the multisurface cleaner, here's the MSDS: https://public.sitehawk.com/viewpdf.aspx?MaterialID=1581447&facilityID=1571&UseCatalog=True

I don't see anything in there about it causing cancer. And if you use it per directions, what is your exposure once you have finished using it? As GSKR noted, you are probably exposed to more carcinogens coming from the outside (including the sun) than from 303 residue, which is being ventilated out pretty well in a convertible. Plus you're probably more likely to get cancer from "new car smell", I'm pretty sure that is (or used to be) a known carcinogen.

BrutalNoodle
01-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Don't get me started on California. I really despise the state's attitude toward The Second Amendment. But now I'm off-topic so I'll stop.

mycarmycar28582
01-17-2016, 11:28 PM
I have another question, which Aerospace 303 would be ideal for using on the interior of cars?

mycarmycar28582
01-17-2016, 11:33 PM
and what parts of a car can you use 303 to clean with?

MattPersman
01-18-2016, 06:33 AM
There is multi surface cleaner and there is the protectant that you can use on the vinyl, plastic and rubber pieces. Then there is spot cleaner for the fabric parts with the fabric guard to protect after cleaning. And finally they have speed detailer which would be used for the exterior of your vehicle inbetween Washings for touch up and uv protection

WaxMaster1
01-18-2016, 06:59 AM
I've been looking for interior cleaners & 303 seems to do the job along with DP interior cleaner but 303 has much more cleaning uses but I hear that it can cause cancer... I know this is like standard thing for mostly every cleaner out there but everyone keeps saying that 303 causes cancer... I just want to know... If being in a convertible car everyday with 303 to be used to clean the interior, will it do any harm to my health because I'd be breathin in those chemicals? :dunno:

I'd imagine if you drink 303 it wouldn't be too good for you.

FUNX650
01-18-2016, 08:37 AM
I really hope not. There are so
many other substances that are:

Known and Probable Human Carcinogens (http://m.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/generalinformationaboutcarcinogens/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens)

Bob

Matt@Revive
01-18-2016, 09:02 AM
i wouldn't think so

But.. my last trip to Disneyland there is a sign on the way to the gates stating "according to California there are products used in the park that are know to cause cancer"

Ricorocks
01-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Mfg's must make a MSDS sheet for products, which includes all sorts of information. Known carcinogens are listed on the safety, portion. So if something has proven to be a known carcinogen, it listed on the MSDS sheet. The MSDS sheet is intended primarily, for workers, not consumers. But can be made available to consumers.

Those of you in the buz. Should have MSDS sheets for all products you use, assembled in a binder, & readily available to employees etc.

The MSDS sheet will list appropriate, safety gear to wear, when handling that particular product. So perhaps you routinely handle products, where you should be using gloves, but don't, the MSDS sheets will give you a heads up, on how to be safe. Thus minimizing risk.

vobro
01-18-2016, 01:00 PM
So everyone says it causes cancer and you just want to know? Does that mean you want forum strangers to make up your mind? Thread titles that disparage a specific product because "everyone says" and "you want to know" come up in a Google search and somehow become fact. Please nest time be a little more tactful before saying "cancer"

Ricorocks
01-18-2016, 01:32 PM
A product may contain & ingredient, known to cause cancer, in lab animals, that does not mean you will get cancer from using the product. It's meant as precautionary warning, & appropriate safety gear can be worn when handling products, with known carcinogens.

This is the only valid reason someone could come up with this claim for 303 product. Someone saw the MSDS sheet, showing a carcinogenic item listed, & wrongly assumed, the product causes cancer. No one in the cancer field has exclusively tested 303 product, to determine, if that particular product causes cancer.

Request from the mfg MSDS sheet, for the product(s) in question, & use in accordance with the safety gear, described.

By doing this you eliminate rumors, fear-mongering, & lies, plus you can use the product safely, avoiding contact with the ingredient in question.

Keep in mind IF this product caused cancer, they would most likely have to file for bankruptcy. Proof does not exist that this product, causes anything, ONLY that it may contain an ingredient that is known to cause cancer, in lab animals. The leap from causes cancer in animals to it causes cancer in humans, is very large, & does not constitute proof. It's a suspect ingredient, where to be safe, precautions should be taken.