PDA

View Full Version : Why no DP polishes at AGO?

dontsleeponit
10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe this has been covered before, or I just havent been around long enough to know why, but why doesnt AG carry the DP polishes and swirl removers? They seem to have every other DP product. I also dont see anyone ever using or talking about them, are they bad stuff?

Pauly6401
10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Do they even exist? I've never seen them elsewhere.

dontsleeponit
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Well they are in my DP catalog I got with my ag order, and im pretty sure Ive seen them elsewhere on the internet.

It has:

DP Super swirl eliminator
DP Mild swirl eliminator
DP final finishing polish

maybe the book is old and they dont make them anymore? The dp surface shield is shown in a "DP" normal style bottle instead of the one that they show on AG.

I figure the members that have been around here longer/ detailing longer then me might know about them.

budman3
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know the specifics (actually I didn't even know they were gone) but I'm sure Max found that they weren't selling and decided to pull that part of the DP line out of production and focus on the XMT Swirl Removers instead. Again thats just my speculation, no facts. A fact for sure is that DP, Pinnacle (not XMT) and Wolfgang swirl removers are (were) not that popular at all. Atleast PBMA has the XMT line for swirl removers and they seem to be selling very well.

dontsleeponit
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
A fact for sure is that DP, Pinnacle (not XMT) and Wolfgang swirl removers are (were) not that popular at all. Atleast PBMA has the XMT line for swirl removers and they seem to be selling very well.

Yes thats definitely true, I rarely read about people using these polishes that are all from popular PBMA product lines. Your right their saving grace in that department is definitely XMT, seems to be a huge seller.

Pauly6401
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, XMT works great even for a novice, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to duplicate products over and over in multiple lines, really. DP to me offers great products for great value (especially in the quantities that they come in!) and are more towards the wax and cleaning aspects of the business. I expect Pinnacle to be more "high-end" products, especially with the wax and sealants, and so on.

blkexcoupe
10-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I never even knew DP polishes existed. I always wondered why there were never any listed also.

Jimmie
10-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah, DP polishes were highly praised. The line just quietly phased out. It seems that it was close to the XMT polishes filling their line. PBMA (AG) owns both lines.

ScottB
10-02-2007, 07:35 PM
in some cases it could be as simple as being redesigned and re-released at a later point. They do exist, all of them, as I have a bottle of each as proof.

dontsleeponit
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
in some cases it could be as simple as being redesigned and re-released at a later point. They do exist, all of them, as I have a bottle of each as proof.

hmm, sounds to me like you may know something we dont... http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/images/smilies/wall.gif

Bags
10-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I too have a bottle of super swirl remover and the finial finishing polish. Maybe the will be a collectors item one day.

supercharged
10-03-2007, 04:16 AM
yesh, DP polishes exist. I still have a sample of each (thanks, Justin). They are not as sun friendly as XMT, but do work very well.

Ldopa
10-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Could this be the reason? Case Settlement: 2006-01-11 $4,000 in Fines Paid by Palm Beach Motoring Accessories (http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/casesett/palmbeach2.htm)

CalgaryDetail
10-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Could this be the reason? Case Settlement: 2006-01-11 $4,000 in Fines Paid by Palm Beach Motoring Accessories (http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/casesett/palmbeach2.htm)

interesting find. to bad the article dosent have more info. ohh well still intersting