PDA

View Full Version : coating Clearplex wind shield film?

Matt@Revive
01-15-2016, 09:54 AM
one of my customers is getting Clearplex put on their new wind shield to prevent rock chips. this product is great at saving wind shields (the major freeway is getting torn up and expanded, tons of rocks on the road). the one majof down fall is that the film is easily scratched by wiper blades. i was thinking about applying CQuarts FlyBy30 to help prevent wiper streaks. seeing how this is a film and not glass would it be better to use CQuartz instead? will the FlyBy30 haze or act weird with the film?

OTSDetail
01-15-2016, 01:20 PM
you can apply cquartz to film?????? I thought it was always advised against...

Rsurfer
01-15-2016, 01:54 PM
The Clearplex may prevent rock chips on your windshield, but wouldn't it still damage the Clearplex and be noticeable?

Matt@Revive
01-15-2016, 03:23 PM
The Clearplex may prevent rock chips on your windshield, but wouldn't it still damage the Clearplex and be noticeable?

they damage to the Clearplex is minimal compaired to the damage to the wind shield. The Clearplex is much cheaper to replace that the $1000 wind shield.

GSKR
01-15-2016, 06:07 PM
one of my customers is getting Clearplex put on their new wind shield to prevent rock chips. this product is great at saving wind shields (the major freeway is getting torn up and expanded, tons of rocks on the road). the one majof down fall is that the film is easily scratched by wiper blades. i was thinking about applying CQuarts FlyBy30 to help prevent wiper streaks. seeing how this is a film and not glass would it be better to use CQuartz instead? will the FlyBy30 haze or act weird with the film?
me personally would just apply flyby 30.

Rsurfer
01-15-2016, 06:35 PM
me personally would just apply flyby 30.

Is that the old version?

asianisafish
01-15-2016, 08:19 PM
I think my friend had that in his windshield
He used a different type of wiper blade, it was like silica bead or blade or something like that