PDA

View Full Version : WG Uber rinseless wash used as a clay lubricant/detail spray?

Pages : [1] 2

Oldschool1975
01-14-2016, 08:28 PM
I recently bought this to try out for the clay lubricant and I was satisfied with it. I add 1/2 to my wash bucket and that seems to help, but maybe that's in my head.

Has anyone used this a detail spray that this stuff says it can do? If it can truly do both these things, it would save my a bunch of $. I currently use WG detail spritz spray and love this stuff, but it's way more expensive compared to what the rinseless wash could do per once.

I'm curious why anyone would buy the clay lubricant vs using this to make your own clay lubricant? It's so much cheaper than using the WG clay lubricant per oz.

Thanks,
Michael

etnops
01-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I have used it as a detail spray. Works just fine. 0.75oz mixed with 32oz of distilled water does the trick. On sale, it's one of the better concentrates that can cover a few different products (WW, Detailer, RW, lube...).

BrutalNoodle
01-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Haven't clayed with it yet, but I have been doing several waterless and quick touch ups with the recommended detail mixture and like it quite a bit more than Blackfire & Ultima (a long-time favorite).

IMO, it could have been easily marketed as a waterless product and none would bat an eye. Impressive stuff.

Scoobertin
01-15-2016, 12:14 AM
I used this product the other day. I did a Rinseless wash and made a spray bottle of waterless wash solution to pretreat the panels as recommended for dirtier vehicles. It worked really well. So far this product is top notch.

As far as the detailer part of it, I also have the detail spritz. From my knowledge the detail spritz has more gloss enhancing ingredients than does making a detail solution out of the rinseless wash. Also from my understanding the spritz will last longer on the car. But Iam new to these products.

usmcpab
01-15-2016, 12:53 AM
I absolutely love wg uber Rinseless, so much that I hate to waste on as a clay lube. Its my go to now. ONR is and always will be my clay lube.

Narron15
01-15-2016, 01:47 AM
Chemical Guys Clay Lubricant.

pheerix
01-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Uber works great as a waterless wash. I haven't used it as a clay lube but it's so slick I imagine it'll be great as that as well. Truly a do it all product.

Justin at Final Inspection
01-15-2016, 11:22 AM
I have used it as a Rinseless, Waterless, Detail spray/clay lube with no issues. I really like using it as a detail spray/clay lube mixed 1:48. Works great with my nanoskin pad on the 3401.

Jaretr1
01-15-2016, 12:20 PM
I have used it as a detail spray, and it is quite good. Looks good and leaves the paint feeling slick. And since this stuff is so concentrated, 16 oz will make a lot of detail spray!

hdez
01-15-2016, 02:03 PM
I use the detail spray ratio as a clay lube with no issues so far. I do this because I'm too lazy to make another bottle with slight different dilution ratio :).

david b
01-15-2016, 02:26 PM
I use the detail spray ratio as a clay lube with no issues so far. I do this because I'm too lazy to make another bottle with slight different dilution ratio :).

I'm lazy too. Uber is so affordable, I just mixed up a few bottles using the waterless wash ratio and I'm good to go. I use the WW as a detail spray just for a little extra protection/insurance. Just a weekend warrior - the 64 oz jug I purchased from AG may go bad before I use it up. Love it as a RW too.

Mike Honcho
01-15-2016, 02:29 PM
Heck, I'm thinking about getting the gallon jug because it's so versatile! (I wonder if I could get a 55 gallon drum...hmm...)

llively
01-15-2016, 02:37 PM
I use optimum rinse less carwash as a detail spray and clay lube. I usally add more product then it states just to be on the safe side. I have been using it for over a year with no issues.

hdez
01-15-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm lazy too. Uber is so affordable, I just mixed up a few bottles using the waterless wash ratio and I'm good to go. I use the WW as a detail spray just for a little extra protection/insurance. Just a weekend warrior - the 64 oz jug I purchased from AG may go bad before I use it up. Love it as a RW too.

They have shelflife? I'm getting worried because I bought the 128oz bottle lol.

BrutalNoodle
01-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Heck, I'm thinking about getting the gallon jug because it's so versatile! (I wonder if I could get a 55 gallon drum...hmm...)

I personally would. It would surprise me if the gallons didn't fly off the shelf during the introductory $64.99 + holiday sale.

Even at full retail, it's $9.99 per 16oz, and that's a helluva bargain. The current 20% knocks it back further to $63.99 a gal or $7.99 for 16oz instead of $19.99. I would so jump on if it I didn't already have a gallon.