PDA

View Full Version : Glass Advice needed :)

MshawnBauer
01-14-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm working on a Trailblazer and it's been a gravel queen it's entire life! The driver's side window has a ton of vertical scratches from the gravel scratching the window as it went up and down the last 10 years. I can just barely feel the scratches with my fingernail.. What do you all recommend to get it clear again OR at least somewhat more clear? THanks in advance!

MshawnBauer
01-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Here's a pic, hard to capture, lol

OTSDetail
01-14-2016, 04:16 PM
same. my front glass on my focus has grooves from the wipers or something. its bad. its pretty swirled up. i doubt you can polish them out though. But I've been wondering myself. Never encountered it on any car except for mine...

vanev
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM
You can polish the glass, even the inside glass as well.
That does not guarantee great results.
It will be a lot of work and often messy, as glass polishing typically needs excess water.
Given the condition of the glass, it may suit your needs better to replace each glass panel that needs it.

Rsurfer
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM
You could try Ceriglass with a rayon pad and a rotary. This will be a time consuming and messy job.

FUNX650
01-14-2016, 10:37 PM
The driver's side window has a ton of vertical scratches from the gravel scratching the window as it went up and down the last 10 years. I can just barely feel the scratches with my fingernail..
•As mentioned:
-There are glass-specific polishes, pads, and tools
that can be used to get rid of these scratches.

•However...
-Be very careful when polishing the side windows.
-Unlike the windshield, (which is laminated)...
-They are made from tempered glass, and can be
made to break a whole lot easier than you'd think.

•Wearing protective eye-care, gloves, long sleeve
shirt, etc. is a "best practice".

Bob