PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

Because I don't have an outside water source where I am living right now, I am choosing to go with the Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere product to clean off my car once a week.

For anyone that uses waterless washes like this, do you follow up your cleaning with a Spray Wax?

I'm thinking of following my up cleaning with my Ultimate Spray Wax to keep that just waxed feeling to it.

Do you feel this is overkill adding a spray wax afterwards, or do you feel this is a good maintenance combo to use.

Thank you!

Ray

pheerix
01-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Suggest you buy D115, the concentrate version. You can dilute 1:10 and make 11 gallons instead of buying small spray bottles for $10 each.
http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-rinse-free-express-wash-and-wax-d11501.html

And I think most of us will agree that there's no such thing as wasting too much LSP

BadgerRivFan
01-13-2016, 03:34 PM
For anyone that uses waterless washes like this, do you follow up your cleaning with a Spray Wax?

Do you feel this is overkill adding a spray wax afterwards, or do you feel this is a good maintenance combo to use.

Thank you!

Ray

Absolutely. In my view this is not overkill and is a good way to extend the life of your chosen LSP...

dmund
01-13-2016, 03:52 PM
I like dura gloss rinseless wash and gloss,mix 2oz to 3 gallon of water,buy yourself a bucket with a gamma seal and a grit guard,i use this process when I go to all the shows,i even take this symtem when I go to the states,also do a 2 bucket wash with this symtem with 2 wash mitts,this way your wash bucket will be clean in the end,and can use it again,use a detail or spraywax when you dry with 2 quality waffle weave towels..have fun keep detailing...AUTO ONE DETAILING...on facebook

4u2nvinmtl
01-13-2016, 03:59 PM
You should always have a LSP protecting the paint IMHO. If you don't have anything else protecting the paint I'd use the spray wax but if you do already have a LSP protecting then it's kind of overkill.

My rule of thumb is "don't touch the paint", so I don't care so much how the paint feels as long as it looks great.

You could use your spray wax as a drying aid (spray some on your drying towel or paint and dry the car).

Eldorado2k
01-13-2016, 04:11 PM
If I'm going with waterless wash, I'd do it more than just once every 7 days.. 7 days of dirt is asking alot from a waterless in most cases. The more frequent the waterless wash, the less cringing you subject yourself to. Lol.

david b
01-13-2016, 05:06 PM
I've used this product and really liked it...

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-wash-wax-anywhere.html)

However, as others have mentioned, buying a concentrate allows you to make gallons of waterless wash. I'd go that route, especially if you're using it every week. Can't go wrong with any of the waterless wash product lines AG offers.

Just my 2 cents - hope to save you some too :)

Jowillie
01-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Duragloss Waterless Wash & Wax has Aquawax in it for your shine when finished. (So does their Rinseless wash.)

FUNX650
01-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Suggest you buy D115, the concentrate version. You can dilute 1:10 and make 11 gallons instead of buying small spray bottles for $10 each.
Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax D-11501, rinseless car wash, rinseless wash and wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-rinse-free-express-wash-and-wax-d11501.html)

^^^ :iagree: Good Suggestion!!^^^

D115 is, essentially, the concentrated version
of Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere.

Bob

GSKR
01-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Hey guys,

Because I don't have an outside water source where I am living right now, I am choosing to go with the Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere product to clean off my car once a week.

I'm thinking of following my up cleaning with my Ultimate Spray Wax to keep that just waxed feeling to it.

Thank you!

RayBeing in Chicago I would not bother with proper maintenance till spring,the best job you can do with the weather is keeping it washed frequently.If this is a daily driver how will you clean the car with salt all over it.

expdetailing
01-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Personally, I'm not comfortable buffing all over the clear coat after a waterless wash. I'm not convinced I'm removing all of the dirt unless I'm using a two bucket method.

GSKR
01-13-2016, 09:42 PM
If I'm going with waterless wash, I'd do it more than just once every 7 days.. 7 days of dirt is asking alot from a waterless in most cases. The more frequent the waterless wash, the less cringing you subject yourself to. Lol.

I don't understand why so much waterless wash in 8 degree weather,and becoming a slave for your car when it's winter out and wiping off all that salt spray causing marring and rids.is this a additional step followed by a carwash or just waterless on a dirty car.

tguil
01-13-2016, 10:13 PM
For what it's worth. I've been washing and waxing cars and trucks for over 55 years. Accept that winter in the northern U.S. sucks and don't do anything to your car or truck unless the temperature is above freezing. Typically when the temperature is 35-40, I'll head to the coin-op to get the really nasty stuff off and then do a follow up wash with a quality waterless wash or a rinseless wash.

My preferred products are Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax or Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere.

Eldorado2k
01-13-2016, 10:13 PM
I don't understand why so much waterless wash in 8 degree weather,and becoming a slave for your car when it's winter out and wiping off all that salt spray causing marring and rids.is this a additional step followed by a carwash or just waterless on a dirty car.

I live in Los Angeles. I've never experienced salt. A couple waterless washes per week and the car stays looking sharp non stop.

I dressed my tires today. They always look like this😃

Eldorado2k
01-13-2016, 10:17 PM
I didn't know the weather was that kind of factor. Forgive me😌

The forcast says it might rain on Tuesday and that just about ruined my day because I was really looking forward to detailing a couple of cars this weekend.. But because of upcoming Tues. those plans may fall through now. I got canceled on by 3 people this past weekend because it said chance of showers today [Wed.]

Well it's Wednesday, and no rain at all. I hate this bad weather forecast.