PDA

View Full Version : new car

J&L Detailing
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM
My wife and I pruchased a new car this weekend, and being what i have learned from here, i was not going to let those people detail me car. The only thing is when they pulled off the protective plastic from the new car it left alot of the glue residiue on it. i washed it and used elbow grease to get alot of it out, but what would be the best way to get all of the glue off the car before i detail it? Feed back please

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Did you try a bug and tar remover?

If that doesn't work how about 3M adhesive remover...

J&L Detailing
10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
the tar and bug remover made it worse, that is when i really had to rub deep to get it loose. I thought about using Amazing roll off but i am not too sure if it will hurt the paint.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
the tar and bug remover made it worse, that is when i really had to rub deep to get it loose. I thought about using Amazing roll off but i am not too sure if it will hurt the paint.

How much adhesive are we talking about?

When I debadged my car I used steam and some Isopropyl Alchohol to get the goo off.

Will it roll off if you warm it up a bit?

I've used very small amounts of ARO with my soap solution in my foam gun.

J&L Detailing
10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Yuo know i didnt even think of using rubbing alcohol. that will do it for sure, its not alot i got most of it off but there still are those stubborn parts, the alcohol should do it with no problem.

Thanks for the help.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Yuo know i didnt even think of using rubbing alcohol. that will do it for sure, its not alot i got most of it off but there still are those stubborn parts, the alcohol should do it with no problem.

Thanks for the help.

No problem man...

Just remember the IA will strip any protection you may currently have on the paint.... Great reason for a wash n' wax!!

Have fun with the new ride!

J&L Detailing
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
No problem man...

Just remember the IA will strip any protection you may currently have on the paint.... Great reason for a wash n' wax!!

Have fun with the new ride!

thanks.

ScottB
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
its the sticky stuff called cosmoline and removed with a mixture shipped with the cars ?? If so any prepsol or acrysol type product should also work with ease.

budman3
10-01-2007, 06:36 PM
3M has a product ... Adhesive Remover... can be found at auto parts stores or Wal-Mart.

THENIZZZEIL
10-01-2007, 06:45 PM
3M has a product ... Adhesive Remover... can be found at auto parts stores or Wal-Mart.

yup, even home depot
they also have a HIGHER END 3m adhesive remover that my buddy who does 'clear-bra' uses...and it runs 25 - 35$ a can..but ive used the 3m stufff or 6$ at walmart just fine

all clear coat safe...and this guy is workin on exotic cars daily, so id assume they are all safe

J&L Detailing
10-02-2007, 11:14 AM
thanks for the help guys