PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please! Cold weather detail.

Pages : [1] 2

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Hey y'all,

I've got 40f to work with an need to do a wash, maybe Speed,
trim (Jeep, Lotsa plastic) and tires. Already deconed and washed a few day ago. Will wash again before detail, using hot water and CG citrus to cleanse the surface. Pebbled fiberglass top I have UTTG, plastic fenders are gonna get Surfcity. I do not anticipate any trouble with the temp. Just want to make sure with you all if you had any problem with this. Thank you and take care.

Peace,

Darrin

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-12-2016, 06:41 PM
You'll be fine. I did details in colder temps when I was in Upstate NY.

buffdoubt
01-12-2016, 06:53 PM
When I work out in the cold weather, I always have to make sure my ears are covered up. They are super sensitive to cold weather and hurt quite a bit when they get cold. Make sure you dress appropriately for the temps. That's all I got, lol. Have fun with it.

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Thank you fellow North Carolinian, I really didn't anticipate any problems but better to safe than sorry. Take care and we should try to get an NC gig going. We have plenty of folks around, I do believe. Thank again.

Peace,

Darrin

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 07:01 PM
When I work out in the cold weather, I always have to make sure my ears are covered up. They are super sensitive to cold weather and hurt quite a bit when they get cold. Make sure you dress appropriately for the temps. That's all I got, lol. Have fun with it.

Thanks buff,

Yeah, my ears and nose are the first things to catch the cold.
Maybe cause they stick out so far. I'm still extremely handsome.Im the MAN:xyxthumbs:

Peace,

Darrin

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
All your tips are definitely welcome. I rely on you all. Thanks again and take care.

Peace,

Darrin

dmund
01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
here in Toronto,i would go to a powerwash place when I cant do it at home,when I get back I would do a 2bucket wash with grit guards in both,i use duragloss rinseless wash and gloss in both,use a detail spray from hd products in north Carolina,bundle up have fun keep detailing...its minus 14 right now cant wait to visit north Carolina again....AUTO ONE DETAILING....on facebook.....take care

Hokie335i
01-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Too bad I just moved. I would've definitely been up for a NC meet and greet. I was in Chapel Hill too!

As for the temps. Like other's have said, a hat and gloves work wonders if you don't have a garage.

I'm in Buffalo, NY now and am having to adjust to not having my nice 4.5 bay heated and insulated garage anymore to detail in. Washing my truck with ONR now very quickly haha

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Too bad I just moved. I would've definitely been up for a NC meet and greet. I was in Chapel Hill too!

As for the temps. Like other's have said, a hat and gloves work wonders if you don't have a garage.

I'm in Buffalo, NY now and am having to adjust to not having my nice 4.5 bay heated and insulated garage anymore to detail in. Washing my truck with ONR now very quickly haha

here in Toronto,i would go to a powerwash place when I cant do it at home,when I get back I would do a 2bucket wash with grit guards in both,i use duragloss rinseless wash and gloss in both,use a detail spray from hd products in north Carolina,bundle up have fun keep detailing...its minus 14 right now cant wait to visit north Carolina again....AUTO ONE DETAILING....on facebook.....take care

Thanks guys, we're on the same page. I deconed both chemically and manually at the power wash. Managed to scrub the tires and all the plastic while there. Gonna two bucket it w/hot suds then proceed with the detail. Thank again & take care.

Peace,

Darrin

GSKR
01-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Hey y'all,

I've got 40f to work with an need to do a wash, maybe Speed,
trim (Jeep, Lotsa plastic) and tires. Already deconed and washed a few day ago. Will wash again before detail, using hot water and CG citrus to cleanse the surface. Pebbled fiberglass top I have UTTG, plastic fenders are gonna get Surfcity. I do not anticipate any trouble with the temp. Just want to make sure with you all if you had any problem with this. Thank you and take care.

Peace,

DarrinIf I lived up north,my personal opinion would be 6.95 and 3.00 for hot wax .I can't do the cold thing its brutal I give you credit.

expdetailing
01-12-2016, 08:33 PM
I'd use the UTTG for the plastic instead of the Surf City dressing. Coating vs dressing; which one would impress the customer more?

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 08:43 PM
I'd use the UTTG for the plastic instead of the Surf City dressing. Coating vs dressing; which one would impress the customer more?

Thank you for your response. The thing is, the plastic is a whited out. I understand that UTTG is great for retaining trim, but not so much as a recovery application. Where as the Surfcity rejuvenates to the original color. Am I wrong? I'm happy to read all responses. Thanks & take care.

Peace,

Darrin

GSKR
01-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Dressing would look good ,it's deeper and more of a vibrant look but doesn't last.coating would be the way to go for durability if your getting paid to coat.

Souldetailer
01-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Dressing would look good ,it's deeper and more of a vibrant look but doesn't last.coating would be the way to go for durability if your getting paid to coat.

How about dress it now to regain the original color, then use the UTTG to keep the "new" look a few weeks later? I have flexibility with the customer.

Peace,

Darrin

GSKR
01-12-2016, 10:07 PM
How about dress it now to regain the original color, then use the UTTG to keep the "new" look a few weeks later? I have flexibility with the customer.

Peace,

DarrinI personally think it's pointless to dress as it will be gone in one rain or snow storm.