PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this? Good/Bad purchase?

Whitethunder46
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm tinkering with the thought of getting a nose mask for my car.
Since my car is brand new, I want to keep the front end free of rock chips, not to mention all the bugs. I love the thought of having a 100,000 mile car w/ a perfect front end.

The nose mask is nice in the sense that is covers the entire front end and the front of the hood. My car is also black there for it wouldn't look to bad imo.

Also, it is only $106, not to bad.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SentraNoseMask.jpg

my car:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL555478.jpg

P1et
10-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I say absolutely not. I can see how you want to keep the front-end free or rockchips, but here are my issues with these bras:

1) Frankly, they are ugly and take away from the overal lines and "smoothness of the vehicle".
2) They look very 80s.
3) Sand and other debris gets trapped underneath is and scratches the crap out of your paint.
4) Water stays in there and doesn't have a good place to dry, so it start mildewing underneath there.
5) It's ugly

JoeD
10-01-2007, 09:31 AM
My personal feeling about Car Bras is that I would not use one. I think they spoil the look of a car. Who would I be protecting the front end from, the next owner? If you do purchase one make you sure that you keep the underneath dry. I have been told that it can discolor the paint if it is left damp. Also, keep it clean to avoid scratches if it should build up dust.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Well, you have a black ride so it won't make you ride look AS hideous as other colors.

BUT, like P1et said, it takes extra effort to ensure no dirt/debri gets between the paint and the mask.. If it does it will be like sand paper on your paint..ouch!

I contemplated getting one for my last car but ultimately decided against it....

IMO - It does detract from the overall "flow" of a vehicle.

Jimmie
10-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I say absolutely not. I can see how you want to keep the front-end free or rockchips, but here are my issues with these bras:

1) Frankly, they are ugly and take away from the overal lines and "smoothness of the vehicle".
2) They look very 80s.
3) Sand and other debris gets trapped underneath is and scratches the crap out of your paint.
4) Water stays in there and doesn't have a good place to dry, so it start mildewing underneath there.
5) It's ugly

:iagree:. I had one on a Honda for 100,000 miles. The paint under the bra ended up being a different color. The trapped water and sand issue is more of a pain than it's worth.
IMO you're better off getting good with chip repair (touch up).

littlemissGTO
10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
If you want protection look into a Clear Bra. They are considerably more expensive than the one you've posted, but they don't detract from the look of the car. Heck most people don't even know thaty they are there.

ryandamartini
10-01-2007, 09:38 AM
those type of bras completely ruin your front end over time. spend the money on a good clear bra, you will not regret it.

robzie
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I would only use it for really, really, long trips....

Dust2Glory
10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
go look at "xpel".... they have awesome stuff

trhland
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
i would go with the mansear instead:D

dontsleeponit
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I would have to agree with P1et on all points. Rock chips suck and will happen, but the bra has its own set of disadvantages that are way worse IMO.

I say clear bra like the others suggested, or like robzie said maybe the bra just for really long trips, but I wouldnt buy one.

klumzypinoy
10-02-2007, 02:30 AM
i think you should go for a clear bra :)

P1et
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm not even a fan of the clear bras myself. I've seen some look really awful after a while...

klumzypinoy
10-03-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm not even a fan of the clear bras myself. I've seen some look really awful after a while...

That sucks :(

ryandamartini
10-04-2007, 05:46 PM

thats what happens when you go cheap on an install. a good certified 3M installer does a good job and if you are good on the upkeep of your car, you are fine.