PDA

View Full Version : What Foam Gun should i get?

Ballistic
01-11-2016, 11:41 PM
I have been wanting to add a foam gun to my arsenal, i already have a MTM Foam Cannon but i want something i can use without pulling the pressure washer out every time i wash my car for the times its not super dirty.

So what ones would you recommend? I have seen some from like Adams but they want a 100 dollars and that seems a bit high..

VISITOR
01-11-2016, 11:49 PM
any of these will do (they are all the same minus the sticker) and you may want to get the half gallon since it holds more soap solution. there are a few different foam guns on the market and the original are the ones made by gilmour (in which these are). i prefer the one with the brass lever (some have a plastic dial), like the one's shown in the link...

Foam Wash Gun with FREE BONUS (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun.html)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-12-2016, 03:55 AM
As Visitor pointed out, any of these will work. They are all the same minus the sticker. I would pick up whichever one is on sale. Also for $10 more you can go from a quart sized to half gallon.

Paul A.
01-12-2016, 09:53 AM
And for what its worth, go with the larger bottle. I have the small one and get maybe 2 vehicle washes with it. I wish i could refill less often.

Kamakaz1961
01-12-2016, 10:19 AM
As Visitor pointed out, any of these will work. They are all the same minus the sticker. I would pick up whichever one is on sale. Also for $10 more you can go from a quart sized to half gallon.

:iagree:They are pretty much the same. Additionally, get the BRASS Foam adjustment piece..NOT THE PLASTIC ONE!!

david b
01-12-2016, 12:26 PM
I'm contemplating purchasing a foam gun as well. Silly newb question - what goes in the half-gallon jug? Just the shampoo or you mix shampoo with water to fill it?

Paul A.
01-12-2016, 12:37 PM
I mix about 1/4-1/3 wash solution to 3/4-2/3 water and shake it up before using. I then have my disharge or "proportioner" setting at 2 out of 5 and get plenty of foam. I'm using Duragloss 902.

4u2nvinmtl
01-12-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm contemplating purchasing a foam gun as well. Silly newb question - what goes in the half-gallon jug? Just the shampoo or you mix shampoo with water to fill it?

Mix Car Shampoo with water. I mix 1-3 OZ depending on the soaps concentration.

PA DETAILER
01-12-2016, 01:00 PM
BLACKFIRE Foam Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-foam-kit.html)

Great kit!! On sale and everything you need. :xyxthumbs:

KBsToy
01-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Griots Foam Gun :)

VISITOR
01-12-2016, 03:17 PM

i add about 3 ounces of car wash and fill the rest with water. before use make sure to shake it up well...

SeanChav
01-12-2016, 03:32 PM
I have the chemical guys foam blaster 6 with the quart canister and i put water in first then add 2oz of soap....shake it up and I do my initial spray down on setting 1 which is more soapy water with little foam....then I turn it to setting 0 and foam it all up and let dwell then go around with 2bm.

It works really good and I feel safest doing it like that instead of just spraying with water then carrying on with 2bm....the extra slickness from the foam adds some safety IMO

shagnat
01-13-2016, 04:24 AM
This is the method I use ^^^. IF you put the soap in then the water, you're going to have suds coming out of the top of the canister like crazy and losing soap. Just shake well after adding your 2oz-3oz of soap.

BuffinBuff
06-26-2016, 09:40 AM
And for what its worth, go with the larger bottle. I have the small one and get maybe 2 vehicle washes with it. I wish i could refill less often.

Thread revival, sorry... I am going to get a foam gun, my main question is what size, half gal or quart. I only was 1 truck a week. I don't mind mixing a new batch each week, I feel that would be the best use, fresh mix each time. In my situation would the quart be sufficient or will I wish I had just bought the half gal right away?? Thank You!

Just a tip on buying these on AG, for some reason the Blackfire quart is $10 cheaper than all the other quart size and the half gallon is $15 cheaper. The only difference is the sticker! Just an FYI...