PDA

View Full Version : Fisker car interior:

Dannyk
01-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Looked at the interior of this car today and has a leather type interior which has some spots here and there.I didn't see stains anywhere but could use some info as i am not familiar with this type of material. Any advice on type of material and how to approach cleaning it?

GSKR
01-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Looked at the interior of this car today and has a leather type interior which has some spots here and there.I didn't see stains anywhere but could use some info as i am not familiar with this type of material. Any advice on type of material and how to approach cleaning it?

Need more info

Dannyk
01-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Need more info

My concern is what type of material this car has for it's interior, meaning it's seats,door panels, and the headliner,the floor is regular carpeting. It just needs a light cleaning as it's basic wear from getting in and out. Once i know the composition i can find out what cleaning agent or method to apply.

GSKR
01-11-2016, 06:31 PM
My concern is what type of material this car has for it's interior, meaning it's seats,door panels, and the headliner,the floor is regular carpeting. It just needs a light cleaning as it's basic wear from getting in and out. Once i know the composition i can find out what cleaning agent or method to apply.
It's high quality leather and low carbon which makes it a green product.never worked on one of those,the closest model I've done comparable to fisher was a spyker and it had regular standardized leather. Apparently Range Rover is following the green low carbon leather.so this is new for me and I'm not gonna wing a product out of my head for you to try.consult the dealer or maybe someone who is familiar with that material will inform us on how to properly clean it,sorry I can't be a help but better safe than sorry.

Dannyk
01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Thanks GSKR, will look at the Range Rover forum detailing section and see what they use to clean this new type of leather.
And i did look at the process how this type of leather is made and it is a very interesting one at that.

Paul A.
01-12-2016, 12:16 PM
It seems to me that low carbon leather is still leather. Yes, more environmentally kind to produce but in the end it's leather. And Fisker interiors are most likely on the higher end of the leather quality.