PDA

View Full Version : Any Fans of Megs Ultimate Protectant?

willowcat11
01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
I am speaking of Megs Ultimate Protectant used for interior Vinyl and Rubber surfaces.

I have come to love this stuff over the years. Yes it can have a deep gloss to it, or it can be lessened a bit by buffing off with a microfiber towel, but I love that about it on my interior. I also feel that it is pretty durable and lasts for a long time.

I don't hear very much about it on forums, so I just wanted to see if there are any other fans of it out there?

Thanks everyone and have a great week!

Ray

Justin at Final Inspection
01-11-2016, 03:16 PM
I have used it with good results. I do agree that it can be glossy.

asianisafish
01-11-2016, 03:35 PM
I think it's fairly glossy, but if that's how you like it, then it works great

vobro
01-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Little to much gloss for me

FUNX650
01-11-2016, 04:27 PM
It's non-greasy.
I like that feature.

Bob

DasBurninator
01-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Little to much gloss for me

I find it depends on the material you are applying it to. One of my cars it looks about right, and another one it is too glossy for.

It's non-greasy.
I like that feature.

Bob

Agreed. This is my favorite part about this and Ultimate Black. They are actually dry to the touch and slick.

conquistador
01-11-2016, 06:33 PM
I have some in my collection. I feel it's of equal quality to 303.

willowcat11
01-12-2016, 04:38 AM
I agree, the fact that it is non-greasy is really nice. And as for the gloss thing, I used to have a 96' Honda Civic that a tan colored dash and door panels. The gloss didn't go the greatest with that color, but I still loved the durability and clean look it gave the car.

Now on my 01' CRV which has a Deep grain black vinyl, I think it looks Slick, Sleek and Classy looking. I feel that it enhances and betters the look of the vinyl in this case. And I find no need to try another product right now. Maybe in the future, but right now I'm satisfied.

Desertnate
01-12-2016, 09:02 AM
I have it and don't mind using it. I think my favorite Meguiars interior product is their Natural Shine Protectant. I find the finish more satin-like.

Either way you can't go wrong. It's a very respectable product in my book.

willowcat11
01-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing all of your experiences and thoughts on this product!

Have a great week! :)

Ray

hogie
01-12-2016, 09:58 PM
I find it too glossy on my interiors, but it does work great on exterior trim.
The only time I have had a problem with it was on a 2014 Mustang. It was very uneven in appearance. Way to shiny in one spot and dull in the next. I couldn't get it to even out after buffing so I hit it with some Mirror Glaze Vinyl and Rubber cleaner. It was still very shiny, but at least looked good.

willowcat11
01-12-2016, 10:41 PM
I'm wondering if the product had been sitting for a while and needed to shaken up really good before using. I've had that happen with some products.

Coach Steve
01-13-2016, 01:43 PM
I like it a lot! What I like most about it is its drying time compared to most everything else - especially when you consider how shiny it can be. You'd swear if was solvent based. Here in Arizona, it's dry to the touch within 10 mins. of applying it. It has good lastability and one added bonus is how great it smells and customers think so too!
Unfortunately, it has gotten hard to find locally. Walmart doesn't carry it here anymore and Autozone and O'Reilly's doesn't carry it. We don't have Advanced so that's not an option either. I use Duragloss LEather and Vinyl Dressing as my go-to (smells and works equally as good and goes on a bit less shiny) It just doesn't last as long as Meg's.

willowcat11
01-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Thank you Coach Steve for your thorough post of your experience with UP!

That's a shame they do not sell it out there anymore. I sure hope they don't do that out here. As of right now, Autozone still has it on their shelves.

I'm wondering if they are trying to replace it with the "Ultimate Interior Detailer", because I am seeing that absolutely everywhere, like Sears, Home Depot and all of the regular Auto Parts stores.

Have a good one!

Ray