PDA

View Full Version : Which Meguiar's Finishing pad?

Danny9447537
01-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning on removing some hard water spots that happened to etch my car with CquartzUK on it.

I believe it's Type II because I've been using a MF towel to rub it out with some WW but no luck. It will only come off with some white vinegar and 3 minutes of elbow grease.

I'm going to be using CarPro's Essence along with Meguiar's Microfiber Finishing disc but I'm unsure on what size to get. I have a Flex 3401 with the 4 3/8" backing plate system.

I will be giving the car a thorough wash with iron-x, shampoo with Meguiar's gold class, clay with Nanoskin, CarPro Essence, and topped off with another layer of CquartzUK.

fly07sti
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Have you tried CarPro "Spotless" yet? May be worth a shot. And if you're set on using a Megs mf disc, get the 5" (closer to 5.5"), but you'll also need a little larger BP. FWIW, I don't like using thin MF pads on my flex. I have however had good success with essence on a white hybrid and gloss pad on my Flex.

AGOatemywallet
01-10-2016, 09:51 PM
If he has a FLEX 3401, it is likely that he has the 5.5" BP that it came with

Buy the 6". They come in a 2-pack.

Use one with your Factory BP

If you think it's too big, cut the other one with scissors and use on your 4 3/8" BP. Kevin Brown Exact Fit style

Only clay if it doesn't pass the Baggie Test, after Iron-X

Danny9447537
01-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Have you tried CarPro "Spotless" yet? May be worth a shot. And if you're set on using a Megs mf disc, get the 5" (closer to 5.5"), but you'll also need a little larger BP. FWIW, I don't like using thin MF pads on my flex. I have however had good success with essence on a white hybrid and gloss pad on my Flex.

I actually haven't tried spotless, but I'll give that a try when I order Essence. I made the mistake of washing my car without drying it off one night and it left water spots all over my car. I didn't realize I could use my white hybrids with Essence so thank you for that! I always thought essence was effective with microfiber pads LOL.

Danny9447537
01-10-2016, 09:56 PM
If he has a FLEX 3401, it is likely that he has the 5.5" BP that it came with

Buy the 6". They come in a 2-pack.

Use one with your Factory BP

If you think it's too big, cut the other one with scissors and use on your 4 3/8" BP. Kevin Brown Exact Fit style

Only clay if it doesn't pass the Baggie Test, after Iron-X

I'll most likely try essence with white hybrids since I have a ton of those laying around.

I appreciate your response though!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-10-2016, 09:59 PM
5.5" pads with your 4 3/8" plate. That's what I use.

Danny9447537
01-10-2016, 10:04 PM
5.5" pads with your 4 3/8" plate. That's what I use.

I think there was only 5 and 6 inch Meguiar's finishing discs if I remember correctly

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-10-2016, 10:17 PM
5". My fault. Use that one on your 4 3/8" plate.