PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek Out Of CarPro Products?

Dapper Don
01-10-2016, 01:21 PM
For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get CarPro products in time to catch the sales that were going on. I even had an order placed and was sitting here for a week (I usually get my products the following day) until I decided to give AG a call to find out about my order. None of the extensions were answering and none of my e-mails were answered concerning my order. I finally got a hold of someone and she said she would check right on it and have it out by the end of the day. Not even an hour later I get an e-mail from AG telling me my order is on backorder and it will take another week or so to get to me...WHAT? So I called back and the reason given was that the CarPro products seem to all be out of stock. Really? So I have totally missed out on any of the sales and specials that were going on and quite honestly I am a little pissed. So I had to get my wife's car done and had no choice but to order from CarPro directly and I was AMAZED at the customer service. When I spoke to Cory, he was quite displeased to hear that AG was out of product and shipped my order out 10 minutes after I got off the phone (This was also at the end of the business day) and had it to me the following morning with free shipping. Not only that but I found it very classy that he even included a hand written note on his business card he sent giving thanks for the order. I've been a loyal customer for a good little minute now and I'm starting to feel like that just doesn't matter anymore. I understand the retail holdiay rush, but to not plan in advance with your stock or let people know that stock is limited is a little sloppy and leaves the customer with a BAD taste in his mouth. But I will say that when I finally just told AG to remove the CarPro products from my order, it went right out and got it the next day.

Setec Astronomy
01-10-2016, 01:26 PM
The lack of communication about out-of-stock items has been an ongoing problem, one that they have said they are working on. I'm not sure what the problem is, but this goes back a long ways.

zmcgovern45
01-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Can't say enough good things about Corey @ CarPro-US.. glad he took care of you :) He is always the best way to get the latest CarPro products

fly07sti
01-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Can't say enough good things about Corey @ CarPro-US.. glad he took care of you :) He is always the best way to get the latest CarPro products

+1 Corey is a rare breed these days.

austinz
01-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree that Corey's service is second to none. Fast, consistent, personal and don't get me started on the products themselves. Having bought Car-Pro products from both AG and Corey in the last few months I have to say I have had great service from both in receiving them. Not saying that AG hasn't had a hiccup with your situation, but it's all in the follow up. I'm confident AG will do their best, and I can imagine with their volume that even a tiny percentage of incidents vs smooth transactions that still means lots of follow up to sort out. AG has always taken care of me, and I can be difficult to please.

dcjredline
01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
I would like to +4 those statements about Corey.

mwoolfso
01-10-2016, 03:17 PM
The lack of communication about out-of-stock items has been an ongoing problem, one that they have said they are working on. I'm not sure what the problem is, but this goes back a long ways.

+1 here. I'm kinda bummed that Dodo Juice Ferrous Iron remover was on backorder for 6 or so months... the 1L bottle. Now it's no longer on the site.

The issues for me is this:

1. Why the huge delay in taking it off the site?
2. I sent a note through the site asking about status on this item; never received a response.

It's easily fixable. Need some extroverts in the comms dept. ;-)

Nick McKees37
01-10-2016, 03:35 PM
For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get CarPro products in time to catch the sales that were going on. I even had an order placed and was sitting here for a week (I usually get my products the following day) until I decided to give AG a call to find out about my order. None of the extensions were answering and none of my e-mails were answered concerning my order. I finally got a hold of someone and she said she would check right on it and have it out by the end of the day. Not even an hour later I get an e-mail from AG telling me my order is on backorder and it will take another week or so to get to me...WHAT? So I called back and the reason given was that the CarPro products seem to all be out of stock. Really? So I have totally missed out on any of the sales and specials that were going on and quite honestly I am a little pissed. So I had to get my wife's car done and had no choice but to order from CarPro directly and I was AMAZED at the customer service. When I spoke to Cory, he was quite displeased to hear that AG was out of product and shipped my order out 10 minutes after I got off the phone (This was also at the end of the business day) and had it to me the following morning with free shipping. Not only that but I found it very classy that he even included a hand written note on his business card he sent giving thanks for the order. I've been a loyal customer for a good little minute now and I'm starting to feel like that just doesn't matter anymore. I understand the retail holdiay rush, but to not plan in advance with your stock or let people know that stock is limited is a little sloppy and leaves the customer with a BAD taste in his mouth. But I will say that when I finally just told AG to remove the CarPro products from my order, it went right out and got it the next day.

I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar experience shopping with us. With the amount of CarPro products we sell on a daily basis, what happened to you is definitely not the rule, but rather an exception. I'm guessing that you're referring to Essence? We're very well stocked on CarPro products, but Essence did sell out rather quickly. We're expecting more any day now. As a hands on enthusiast myself, I'm relieved to hear that you were able to source it from Corey and receive it on time for your detail.

If you would be willing to give me the opportunity to make it up to you I promise it will be worth your while, even if you decide not to contunue doing business with us moving forward.

firecorgi
01-10-2016, 04:01 PM
I would like to +4 those statements about Corey.

+ 5....

StephenK
01-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Corey is great. He puts up with all my annoying emails. Lmao. As for AG. They have always done right by me. And I am sure if your order was in during a sale but AG was out of stock of an item at the time they would have still given you the sales price. With the amount of activity AG has on here you could have just messaged an AG staffer here.

R/TED
01-10-2016, 04:42 PM
I also have carpro essence on back order. Received e-mail from AG telling me the status of order 2 days after placing order. Shipped balance of my order next day, will ship essence when it arrives this week. Great customer service.

Audios S6
01-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Corey is great. He puts up with all my annoying emails. Lmao. As for AG. They have always done right by me. And I am sure if your order was in during a sale but AG was out of stock of an item at the time they would have still given you the sales price. With the amount of activity AG has on here you could have just messaged an AG staffer here.

This. Nick is a busy guy, but has always responded to my inquiries in a very timely manner, even when he's being run ragged at SEMA and DetailFest. If you have an issue, shoot him a PM or call and ask to speak with him. Nick is the man.

ct18
01-10-2016, 06:45 PM
I also placed a order that included Essence and received the email notice about the drop ship. I sent Nick a PM because my order was pending for a few days, thats when he told me about the out of stock. The rest of my order shipped and will wait for my Car Pro. Its the busy season and things happen. I have had great experience with AG customer service in the past.

Dapper Don
01-11-2016, 09:51 AM
I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar experience shopping with us. With the amount of CarPro products we sell on a daily basis, what happened to you is definitely not the rule, but rather an exception. I'm guessing that you're referring to Essence? We're very well stocked on CarPro products, but Essence did sell out rather quickly. We're expecting more any day now. As a hands on enthusiast myself, I'm relieved to hear that you were able to source it from Corey and receive it on time for your detail.

If you would be willing to give me the opportunity to make it up to you I promise it will be worth your while, even if you decide not to contunue doing business with us moving forward.

Hi Nick. You see, THIS is why you are going to keep moving up in the company. I have never failed to see when there is a problem at AG, you come and demonstrate Great Customer Service. Every. Single. Time. Seriously though, it is because of you and Mike and a few others that have made me a loyal customer and that isn't something you have to worry about going forward. I remember how you answered every call I had when I first started detailing my car and then when I tackled my boat last Summer. You walked me through it and helped me pick the best products for my small skillset at the time that gave me incredible results. That has not been lost on me.
While I am not a pro that has the time to do a full detail at a given moments notice, I have to plan ahead and that is why this order really hit me in the jimmies when it fell through. I had a small window during the holidays to give my wife's Porsche a full correction followed with my plunge into coatings (finally). With her being the Marketing Exectutive for the largest family entertainment company in the world, she cannot have her car looking like it does right now and I get to hear about it every. Single. Day. So I ended up with egg on my face for not beig able to deliver when and what I promised. As AG has always been my go-to for supplies since I started doing this, it kind of felt like a friend letting your down. Not enough to end the friendship, but enough to give you Forrest Whitaker Eye. So Nick, as we both know I am not one for handouts and believe in paying my own way for great products, perhaps an email for when the next discount coupon may come out so I can get my order in? Once again, thanks for you attention on this. You are one of the main reasons I am an AG fan.