PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Detailing The Mustang GT

mycarmycar28582
01-10-2016, 11:28 AM
So In mid may, I'm going to this very big car event over here in Wisconsin & I told my dad I'd clean the living hell out of his car to make it look like new again... so this is my plan... tell me if it makes sense or if I need to add a bit more...
- Wash Thoroughly & dry (With Spray Nozzle & automotive soap & microfiber cloth TOP 2 BOTTOM)
- Claybar Mixed With Detail Spray (as lubricant)
- Claybar Body, rims, [TOP 2 BOTTOM]
- Water rinse car thoroughly & dry
- Wax with new Microfiber cloth [TOP 2 BOTTOM]
- Buff off with microfiber cloth
- Detail Spray car

& I also want to make the rims really clean & therefore idk if I should buy rim cleaner, use megiars wax paste on them or something else. any help to hella clean chrome aluminum rims

dmund
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
I will do wash n dry,iron x again washn dry ,nanoskin pad on my flex 3401,polish,sealant,wax,our stang is 7yrs winter driven,i use menzerna and hd products...have fun keep detailing...AUTO ONE DETAILING....on facebook

axel06
01-10-2016, 11:40 AM
sonax wheel cleaner full effect

dmund
01-10-2016, 11:41 AM
I will do wash n dry,iron x again washn dry ,nanoskin pad on my flex 3401,polish,sealant,wax,our stang is 7yrs winter driven,i use menzerna and hd products...have fun keep detailing...AUTO ONE DETAILING....on facebook
I forgot for the rims I do a degrease wash ,iron x,clay polish,sealant:buffing:

Ebg18t
01-10-2016, 01:29 PM
I'd clean the living hell out of his car to make it look like new again... so this is my plan...

You going to polish/compound the paint? Or just go from clay to wax? You doing this by hand or with a machine?

mycarmycar28582
01-10-2016, 02:20 PM
You going to polish/compound the paint? Or just go from clay to wax? You doing this by hand or with a machine?

I'm kind of on a budget right now but clay to wax and by hand... I just want the paint to look very nice and better than before since It's in good condition but it really hasn't ever been washed properly...

Ancient1
01-10-2016, 02:30 PM
What part of the state do you live? I could help you with the exterior if it could use a little polishing.

Ebg18t
01-10-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm kind of on a budget right now but clay to wax and by hand... I just want the paint to look very nice and better than before since It's in good condition but it really hasn't ever been washed properly...

If your not intending on polishing you might find a product that has some fillers in it to hide the blemishes.

Or find a AG'r close and maybe they can help you polish it out properly.

Good condition & never washed properly don't go in the same sentence.

Mantilgh
01-10-2016, 07:12 PM
You could try a "cleaner wax" after you clay. You might be surprised how much brighter the white will get if is the same 2001 GT from your interior thread and if it has spent much time on the road.

Get a pack or two of micro fiber applicators and apply it like a wax, but with a little pressure and work it a little more than you would for a wax. Switch to a new applicator when it get dirty. Do not expect much if any paint correction if you are doing it by hand, just use it for the combination of light a abrasive and chemical cleaner.

I've heard good things about Meguiar's White Wax, but have not tried it yet.

Meguiars White Wax, wax for white cars, wax for white paint (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-white-wax.html)

I'm sure other cleaner waxes or AIOs would work too. I use Optimum Poli-Seal, an AIO, and it seems to clean well.