PDA

View Full Version : HydrO2 Quick Test Video

Pages : [1] 2

FinishingTouchA
01-10-2016, 02:25 AM
I got a bottle of HydrO2 about a month ago and I've been using it like crazy. The ease of use is insane! Here's a quick video using it on plastic trim and the emblem on this 2015 Sierra we coated today.
CarPro HydrO2 Quick Test - YouTube

PA DETAILER
01-10-2016, 05:44 AM
That is impressive! I have been itching to try the hydrO2LITE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1Lwc0zmG9RQ

dmund
01-10-2016, 09:17 AM
waxedshine has a product like this and its 40 dollars for a 32oz,same effect and durability,ive been using this on the stang,and during blk fri this was on for 28 dollars..have fun keep detailing...AUTO ONE DETAILING....on facebook

OTSDetail
01-10-2016, 10:56 AM
really thinking I should get some of this. Easier than the sealant I use now. almost 5x more expensive though and doesn't last quite as long.

BrutalNoodle
01-10-2016, 11:24 AM
That is impressive! I have been itching to try the hydrO2LITE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1Lwc0zmG9RQ

"Or... Spray on - wipe off."

Ok, now I REALLY got to try this. No more worrying about the weather screwing with you after a nice detail/maintenance day.

jarred767
01-10-2016, 06:22 PM
Yup, that stuff is pretty dang awesome!!! Glad you're likin it so much!

Desertnate
01-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Was this the HydrO2 or the HydrO2 Lite? Can anyone explain the difference in the two?

My car has a large amount of honeycomb on the front which is a royal pain to protect. A product like this would be a huge help.

BMW435
01-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Was this the HydrO2 or the HydrO2 Lite? Can anyone explain the difference in the two?

My car has a large amount of honeycomb on the front which is a royal pain to protect. A product like this would be a huge help.

As far as I know, the only difference is "Lite" is ready to use out of the bottle where the other one is a concentrate (have to dilute it).

jarred767
01-11-2016, 09:48 AM
As far as I know, the only difference is "Lite" is ready to use out of the bottle where the other one is a concentrate (have to dilute it).

:xyxthumbs:

That's what it seems like to me too, it looks like the lite just already has the water added so you don't have to measure it out. It also makes it so you can't adjust the dilution (if you wanted to for any reason). You'd think there must be more difference, but I can't seem to find any based on descriptions.

PA DETAILER
01-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Question. BEFORE using this, of course you want the paint free of defects etc. so would a aio or paint cleaner such as amigo or bf tp & s Interfer with the bonding of hydro2?

KMG
01-11-2016, 12:42 PM
This is one product that everyone should have. I use this one wheels almost all the time, unless I am putting a coating on them. The one thing I do want to note though, in your video you are using way more product then you need to. You only need to use 1-2 sprays for an area that size. The product will then be spread around as you are rinsing rather then wasting a ton of extra product over the whole vehicle.

It is really hard to beat the ease of application for Hydr02 though, and the instant gloss it pretty crazy the first time you use it.

FinishingTouchA
01-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Question. BEFORE using this, of course you want the paint free of defects etc. so would a aio or paint cleaner such as amigo or bf tp & s Interfer with the bonding of hydro2? The paint doesn't need to be free of defects. Many <1 year old car owners just want them protected. Swirl vs Squirrel (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23142-difference-between-swirl-squirrel.html)
In this video I'm just using it to seal the trim before doing a mild correction and coating the paint. I don't have enough experience to answer the bonding question.

This is one product that everyone should have. I use this one wheels almost all the time, unless I am putting a coating on them. The one thing I do want to note though, in your video you are using way more product then you need to. You only need to use 1-2 sprays for an area that size. The product will then be spread around as you are rinsing rather then wasting a ton of extra product over the whole vehicle.

It is really hard to beat the ease of application for Hydr02 though, and the instant gloss it pretty crazy the first time you use it.
Yes, I love it on wheels! I actually dilute is about 5:1 and spray after most of the water has sheeted off. With my ocd mind this seems like it allows the product to coat the surface more evenly, though you are correct that rinsing spreads it around.

Jaretr1
01-11-2016, 02:24 PM
waxedshine has a product like this and its 40 dollars for a 32oz,same effect and durability,ive been using this on the stang,and during blk fri this was on for 28 dollars..have fun keep detailing...AUTO ONE DETAILING....on facebook

This would be an example of a violation of the forum rules. Please read them and familiarize yourself with them.

As far as Hydro2, I have found it is not as durable on plastic as it is on paint. But paint durability is as advertised.

SLOWBRA
01-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Love the HydrO2. As little time as it takes I have no problems reapplying it. On average it lasts me 2.5 months. I recently bought the CarPro soap with this in it to see how well it works.

jonn127
01-27-2016, 04:27 PM
About how many cars can you get out of the smallest size?