PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant?

Pages : [1] 2 3

willowcat11
01-09-2016, 10:51 PM
I am currently using a Trim Product from Megs, that's so far so good. And I need a little more time before I can give any kind of full review on it.

But in the meantime, I noticed that the Wolfgang Trim Sealant has some pretty great reviews.

I just wanted to ask the community on what your thoughts and experiences have been with the Wolfgang product. And what type of durability can be expected from it?

Thanks you all very much!

Ray

Setec Astronomy
01-09-2016, 11:08 PM
I guess you know what the thoughts and experiences are if you have read the reviews.

It's a good product and it lasts a long time.

The Guz
01-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Top notch product.

wing commander
01-10-2016, 01:28 AM
I guess you know what the thoughts and experiences are if you have read the reviews.

It's a good product and it lasts a long time.

I also read the reviews but was wondering is it better than Black Fire trim and tire sealant? And might be nice to hear some forum members experiences and when they say (long time) could they be more clear such as 1 month 2 months etc... so please don't tell me to just go read the reviews also.

wytstang
01-10-2016, 04:16 AM
Thanksgiving 2015-WETS applied to fender flares
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151128_140841_zpsfhtujqu7.jpg
January 2016-Still there, sun, rain, DD use
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/20160109_111653_zps0vcqqjft.jpg

PA DETAILER
01-10-2016, 04:46 AM
One of the BEST trim products i have used! And the XTERRA has a lot of trim! Outlasts a PA winter. Easy application.

Pats300zx
01-10-2016, 08:19 AM
One of the BEST trim products i have used! And the XTERRA has a lot of trim! Outlasts a PA winter. Easy application.
I agree. Awesome product. Easy to use and great durability.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
01-10-2016, 08:27 AM
I also read the reviews but was wondering is it better than Black Fire trim and tire sealant? And might be nice to hear some forum members experiences and when they say (long time) could they be more clear such as 1 month 2 months etc... so please don't tell me to just go read the reviews also.

I haven't used my Blackfire yet...wait...did I buy the Blackfire? So many products, so little time.

Most trim products fade gradually, so it's hard to give an exact answer to how long it "lasts". Besides that every vehicle is different, not only are there many types of trim on one vehicle, different vehicles have different types of trim, and have different environments (age, inside/outside parking, latitude). It's very hard to give a specific answer. I can only say that this is the best trim dressing/sealant I have used (to differentiate it from coatings).

dmund
01-10-2016, 08:56 AM
wolfgang trim sealant is the best product so far that doesn't streak ,I have tried many products,and nothing worked ,wolfgang cost more but it does an incredible job on the ext. trim on the stang ,and it last a long time....have fun keep detailing....AUTO ONE DETAILING...on facebook

11Silverado
01-10-2016, 10:12 AM
I've been using this trim sealant and I love it. I can't really comment on the durability because I tend to reapply before it has worn off. Has anyone compared WETS to DLUX?

alfadub
01-10-2016, 11:49 AM
WG ETS is the best plastic trim product that I've tried so far.

As for durability, I'd say it easily lasts over a year. YMMV based on external conditions that your vehicle is exposed to.

BrutalNoodle
01-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I haven't used my Blackfire yet...wait...did I buy the Blackfire? So many products, so little time.

Most trim products fade gradually, so it's hard to give an exact answer to how long it "lasts". Besides that every vehicle is different, not only are there many types of trim on one vehicle, different vehicles have different types of trim, and have different environments (age, inside/outside parking, latitude). It's very hard to give a specific answer. I can only say that this is the best trim dressing/sealant I have used (to differentiate it from coatings).

Have you tried Solution Finish?

I'm thinking about dyeing the faded trim with SF first, and then topping it with WG the following day to lock in the color.

Setec Astronomy
01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
No, I haven't tried Solution Finish. WETS does a pretty good job restoring faded trim on its own, of course it's not a dye.

Eldorado2k
01-10-2016, 12:21 PM
WG ETS is the best plastic trim product that I've tried so far.

As for durability, I'd say it easily lasts over a year. YMMV based on external conditions that your vehicle is exposed to.

Is it easily to tell when it's hit the point of wearing off? I guess what I'm asking is, have you used it on extremely faded trim and were able to visually tell it had worn off after about 1yrs. time?

How about on new trim? Is it easy to tell once it's worn off?

Reason I ask is because it seem to leave more of a natural matte finish, compared to some other trim products. [based on pictures]

bill walsh
01-10-2016, 12:37 PM
i will take wolfgang over blackfire trim sealant any day