PDA

View Full Version : DP Max Wax on top of sealant

jonathanss
01-08-2016, 05:04 AM
This is my first product review in the forum. Let us skip the intro part. So here it is, I recently purchased Detailers Pro Max Wax from the one-and-only seller in Indonesia.

I started to wash the car first with ONR Rinseless then polished it with Menzerna PF2500 using Shinemate ERO600 DA Polisher with LC Flat Orange Pad. The car initially had only light-moderate swirls and PF2500 swiftly eliminates those imperfections. After IPA Wipedown, I put Auto Finesse Power Seal using unbranded flat Black Pad. From my thought, this sealant is the only sealant that has a good shine and glow. However as typical most sealant I've tried, sealant does mute the metal flakes from the car.

After waiting the sealant to cure (for about 6 hours, I'm too lazy to wait until the next day), about dusk I put DP Max Wax using Foam Applicator (by hand) on top of it. In the next morning when I woke up, I'm stumbled upon my car. The metal flakes are popping out, the typical depth and glow from carnauba is clearly seen on my car.

In the past I've used Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba or his brother Meguiars m26. Both of them are also great, but DP Max Wax is clearly better :props: :props:

Finemess
01-08-2016, 05:38 AM
Nice job, MaxWax is a fine product.

FUNX650
01-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the review! :props:
Nice looking vehicle (and its color).

•Strange that the Sealants you have used
mutes the metallic flake...
-My experiences with Sealants is just the opposite.

•Not sure how much of the "depth and glow" is
caused from the carnauba wax in this product...
-DP's Max Wax is categorized as a:
Hybrid Finishing Wax/Sealant.

Bob

jonathanss
01-08-2016, 10:09 AM
hello FUNX650 :D

well yes, from my view (perhaps I got defected eyes) I found that Auto Finesse Power Seal mutes the metal flakes a bit (not much). But its very reflective almost like a mirror :)

VISITOR
01-08-2016, 11:24 AM
very nice, lookin' good...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39973&d=1452247254