PDA

View Full Version : Meg's D151 on top of D300?

cameronthmpsn
01-07-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm new to the detailing business and am still trying to gather information to make the right decisions before investing my bank account into products. I'll be working in a lifted F250 in a couple of days that's used as a daily driver, taken through car washes, the whole gambit of abuse. I've used D151 with a PC and a white hex logic pad a handful of times and had pretty good success with it.

My question is, if I'm looking for a little more cutting ability and want to switch over to D300 and a microfiber cutting disc, should I also get the D301 as the second step or can I use the D151? I would also be applying a sealant on top since I've read that D151 does not last too terribly long.

Any suggestions or feedback is welcome before I buy anything.

AGOatemywallet
01-07-2016, 08:35 PM
If you are finishing with a Sealant, use M205 after D300, but only if there is hazing left from the MF pad. You may be able to go straight from D300 to Sealant.

If there is hazing, I personally would use M205 on a foam finishing pad; instead of D151.

Eldorado2k
01-07-2016, 08:42 PM
D301 and D151 don't last too long. If it looks lsp ready after the D300 you could go straight to sealant. But personally I'd go M205 then sealant.

I don't see the benefit of using an inferior layer of protection under a sealant. Not to mention [depending on what product you use] it could cause bonding issues.

FUNX650
01-07-2016, 10:53 PM
My question is, if I'm looking for a little more cutting ability and want to switch over to D300 and a microfiber cutting disc,

should I also get the D301 as the second step

IMO:
•Yes!
-If an AIO is going to be used as a second
step after D300...Makes sense to use D301:
-Afterall...D301 is part and parcel of
Meguiar's DA Microfiber System.

-The Finishing Wax component of this system
contains mild abasives (for any necessary
"fine tuning"...from using D300); and:
-Has surprisingly protracted durability/longevity

Bob

Natron
06-06-2016, 04:16 PM
If your fairly new, D300 and D301 are an excellent choice. Simple, affordable and you will get excellent results. If your paint is not particularly soft, and you experience no DA haze, you might go straight to sealant after Correction. If you have a few bucks leftover, D151 (aka PRC Paint Reconditioning Cream) is a very good and affordable 1-step. If you are going to do this regularly, you will want a bona-fide 1-step at your fingertips. For us, we use Gallons of both. On dark colors, the D151 doesn't finish out glossy enough for us. But I think it may still hold the title for the most cut, very handy for us. Hope this is helpful, good luck, Nathan. I feel stupid, I just now read the post date. oh well, ha ha