PDA

View Full Version : But wait... there's more!!!

roguegeek
01-06-2016, 06:05 PM
I thought this would be fun.

Someone recently posted on a car care product that was marketed as the magic thing that could solve all of life's problems on top of making your car look good. It made me think of all the car care products out there that play on consumer's ignorance. The ones that you see in commercials at 4am. The ones that are less miracles and more overpriced snake oils.

But wait... there's more!!!

What have you seen out there?

roguegeek
01-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Chadwick's Triple Play - "The “old way” of soap & water washing, plus claying the car, then applying a protective wax or finish was at least 2-3 hours. Chadwick's Triple Play Car Care System can be easily done in 30-45 minutes with the results of a professional detailer."

Yeah, no. I like how on the site they talk about after the product has been used, that the car is now "chadwick'd". Classy.

roguegeek
01-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Oh oh. And I just remembered. Everyone has seen the miracle headlight restoration products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alpip6DRYOw

My favorite parts are where they simply wipe off the haze. Like you can simply wipe off UV coating deterioration. Nice.

Bunky
01-06-2016, 06:15 PM
The new trick is to state they will double your order but you just pay postage and handling which is outrageous.

GSKR
01-06-2016, 06:23 PM
It takes a lot of cash to get those products moving on TV.

mwoolfso
01-06-2016, 06:33 PM
The new trick is to state they will double your order but you just pay postage and handling which is outrageous.

Like 25-years old new.... seriously...

Ricorocks
01-06-2016, 07:55 PM
I liked those infomercials where they would treat engine oil, drain all the oil out, sever the radiator lines & it ran perfectly. Or drive all around town, with no oil & no damage.

I guess the granddaddy of them all is/was STP, note it did not the above make those claims.

I can remember going to a the county fair & this special wax, protected the hood, when lighter fluid, was spread & lit ablaze. No Damage super wax

DaHen
01-06-2016, 09:04 PM
I can remember going to a the county fair & this special wax, protected the hood, when lighter fluid, was spread & lit ablaze. No Damage super wax

Wow. I remember that product a good many years ago. Even bought a can of it. Can't recall if it was any good or not. Ha. Im the MAN

JamMaster Jay
01-06-2016, 09:59 PM
What about the one where they sell you a silver dollar for $25, that's a good one too! Limited edition, only 10 per order - CALL NOW!

SgtMajUSMC
01-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Z-Bestcarwax.com............

Simply Z best. As seen on TV.

Review (from the same place where some are loving Chadwick's):

"Bought some of this at a show a week ago, tried it yesterday and was totally amazed. One step, rub on, let dry 3/4 mins. rub off. swerls were GONE, the more you use it the more they disappear. You can feel & hear it cleaning as you rub."

roguegeek
01-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Z-Bestcarwax.com............

Simply Z best. As seen on TV.

Review (from the same place where some are loving Chadwick's):

"Bought some of this at a show a week ago, tried it yesterday and was totally amazed. One step, rub on, let dry 3/4 mins. rub off. swerls were GONE, the more you use it the more they disappear. You can feel & hear it cleaning as you rub."

wow