PDA

View Full Version : Generators

Willy Wang
01-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Hey AG,

Just first want to say that I love the support you guys provide and I am truly thankful for the wealth of knowledge everyone is willing to contribute.

I am looking to purchase a generator. I was pretty set on getting a Honda eu2000. Please consider the equipment I will have running for my mobile service. I will be running a volume based business 20-50 cars per day. I will have 2 vacuums that will both be running simultaneously. I also offer carpet extraction. Still trying to decide between Mytee HP60 or 8070, most likely HP60.

So understand that cars will be rolling through constantly and will be worked on 1 at a time. While the vacuums are not always on, when they are on, they are both on. Extractions will probably only be 1 or 2 a day if any. Is the Honda EU2000 powerful enough to run all 3 machines simultaneously? My local equipment dealer tells me that both mytees (8070 & hp60) need a 3000 watt generator by themselves. I am not sure what to make of this.

If extra wattage is needed.. should I...
2 EU2000i's? or
1 Eu3000is?

Please chime in...

AGOatemywallet
01-06-2016, 12:30 AM
will be running a volume based business 20-50 cars per day. I will have 2 vacuums that will both be running simultaneously.

So understand that cars will be rolling through constantly and will be worked on 1 at a time...

You are going to be Mobile...doing 20 to 50 cars per day?

Where are you working that there are that many vehicles and no electricity available?

jarred767
01-06-2016, 12:35 AM
WOW!!

You are going to be Mobile...doing 20 to 50 cars per day?

Where are you working that there are that many vehicles and no electricity available?

I had the same thoughts, that's a ton of cars to do mobile through one rig (and I'm guessing they will all be at the same location). What kind of account?

Sorry I don't have info on the generator question, I only do 1-2 cars a day and just use power at the customers house, but I would guess you'd need a pretty powerful generator (and a lot of gas) for that kind of power output.

Guyb
01-06-2016, 12:58 AM
I debated between the Honda's you mentioned and then went with a 2000 watt powerhorse. You can hook two together just like the Honda's and cables are included. I don't think a single 2000 watt will run all you want to run at one time.

Mike@ShineStruck
01-06-2016, 01:25 AM
What about the Yamaha EF7200D Portable Generator for 7200 watts for 1500
Only thing I'm not sure I like is from one review the customer said theirs no oil filter?