PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash?

Pages : [1] 2

Fredrick2003
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any advice for using waterless wash on your car. I mean, I have some, and I would hate for it to go to waste, and my car needs to be washed anyway right now, its looking pretty nasty.

budman3
09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
What brand of waterless wash do you have? There are several different types on the market and all require different techniques to use safely and successfully.

I have used Poorboy's Spray and Wipe and DP Waterless Autowash and with those two you just spray onto a dirty panel and gently wipe off. The more the dirt = the more towels and product you'll need. I found the PB to have more lubricity than the DP so the DP was resorted to clay lube. If all else fails, you have a nice clay lube :).

Give it a try on the lower rocker panel or something to try out. Just keep the towel clean (fold into 1/4's and keep flipping to a new side) and apply enough product on the panel to lift the dirt off the paint to prevent marring.

Fredrick2003
09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Sound like it is more complicated than just washing your car with a good old fashioned bucket + water honestly...

Thanks for you help, and I use DP Waterless Wash.

budman3
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
It's really not that bad. It saves water and time when you think about it. Even if the process takes the same time to go around the whole car, using a waterless wash doesn't leave water in the trim or seals to drip while you are polishing. Water drips are a major pain for me.

This way to can wash your car every night without pulling out the bucket, hose, soaps, mitts, etc. Just a few MF towels and a spray bottle.

Detail_Guy
09-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Provided your vehicle is not extremely dirty, PB's S & W will more than do the trick.

As budman3 said, you spray it on, and VERY GENTLY wipe it off, and use LOTS of good MF's. Use a sprayer that throws a nice fine mist. You don't need a lot of product, but covering the area you are going to clean with a complete fine mist is ideal. Also, give the S & W a few seconds to emulsify, and loosen the dirt before you wipe with your MF.

Rsurfer
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Sound like it is more complicated than just washing your car with a good old fashioned bucket + water honestly...

Thanks for you help, and I use DP Waterless Wash.DP is not a waterless wash!!

Detail_Guy
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Also, when you do a regular wash, don't hesitate to use some S & W with your WW towel to dry the vehicle. The added lubrication in the S & W adds some additional safety. As a matter of fact, you can mix the S & W 50/50 with your favorite QD (non-carnauba) and use that to aid in the drying process, and maybe add a little gloss to the finish.

Sorry, I see you are using DP Waterless Wash... not sure if it can be used the same way.

budman3
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
DP is not a waterless wash!!

DP 4 in 1 is not waterless ... but the product we're talking about DP Waterless Wash, is .... two different products.

Also, when you do a regular wash, don't hesitate to use some S & W with your WW towel to dry the vehicle. The added lubrication in the S & W adds some additional safety. As a matter of fact, you can mix the S & W 50/50 with your favorite QD (non-carnauba) and use that to aid in the drying process, and maybe add a little gloss to the finish.

Sorry, I see you are using DP Waterless Wash... not sure if it can be used the same way.

DP Waterless Wash (not 4in1) is used the same manner as S&W... but I find the DP to be more 'grabby' than S&W.

Mr Dream Machines
10-01-2007, 01:05 AM
FW1 and freedom one are what I use on occasion but not my tickford. that gets washed properly.

FW1 foams up nicely and has heaps of lube.
The way to go if you want more than just liquid.

quicknclean
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Personally I like freedom one and original, very slippery and leaves a nice shine. I have a lot of contracts where I am not allowed to use water so I use the stuff tons and found it to work the best, specially in direct sunlight when its hot.

budman3
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I've never heard of FW1 before and after some research it doesn't look that appealing. This looks more like the product Dri Wash and Guard or the CG One (coincidence?) where you spray, rub (not wipe), and then wipe off haze.

With products like PB Spray and Wipe and DP Waterless Wash it is more of a QD method where you spray it on and gently wipe off the dirt, no need to let it haze or rub it into the paint. These products are cleaners and don't leave anything behind, unlike the other brands. S&W and DP don't need additional materials to make the paint look good, they clean the dirt off essentially rejuvinating your LSP. If you have wax on your finish, it'll bring you back to the fresh waxed look. So even though you didn't wax, it may still look like it because the S&W or DP removed all of the dirt, grime, and other dead wax from the surface. I doubt traditional washing alone can do this, which is why a lot of people QD. Wash and QD = 2 steps compared to 1 with a waterless wash :).

littlemissGTO
10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
I broke down and used my PB's Spray and Wipe today. I was really surprised at how easy it was to use and how well it worked. I'm certainly going to have fun with this during the winter.:D

Jimmie
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I broke down and used my PB's Spray and Wipe today. I was really surprised at how easy it was to use and how well it worked. I'm certainly going to have fun with this during the winter.:D

Last winter the waterless wash and rinseless washes were huge on here.

littlemissGTO
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Last winter the waterless wash and rinseless washes were huge on here.

I'm hoping for a mild winter, but I'm just not sure that's going to happen. These waterless washes will help keep the salt dust down and me away from the "touchless" wash...lol

jfsully
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
At the risk of getting kicked .....CG - ONE