PDA

View Full Version : Needing input on- All in One-

Pages : [1] 2 3

tony58
01-05-2016, 02:27 PM
My goal is to maintain the detailing on two Corvettes.One is a beater, daily driver.The other is more of a show car that I seldom drive.Both have very minor micro scratches,no swirls at this time.So I was looking for something not too complicated towards the -All in One-.I was leaning towards the Optimum products.But,I find their products sorta confusing.I love their no rinse and tire products.Guess with the" All in One" I'm looking for the easy way out?I will be using a Porter Cable 7424XP...
Thanks Much

Angus
01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
HD Speed. Awesome stuff - dead easy to use. Here review I did on it:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/97178-hd-speed-review.html

Ebg18t
01-05-2016, 02:33 PM
My goal is to maintain the detailing on two Corvettes.One is a beater, daily driver.The other is more of a show car that I seldom drive.Both have very minor micro scratches,no swirls at this time.So I was looking for something not too complicated towards the -All in One-.I was leaning towards the Optimum products.But,I find their products sorta confusing.I love their no rinse and tire products.Guess with the" All in One" I'm looking for the easy way out?I will be using a Porter Cable 7424XP...
Thanks Much

If you like Optimum Products check out the OPT Poliseal, it is a highly underrated product (AIO). It really does work awesome.

After washing you can always apply a quick coat of the OPT Car Wax which is one of the easiest products to apply.

I do believe we try to over complicate things sometimes.

Optimum Poli-Seal, Polymer sealant, polish sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/32ozoppo.html)

Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

damaged442
01-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I have had good luck with XMT360.

kevincwelch
01-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Another vote for HD Speed.

(Sent via my mobile device)

sixsix
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
I have had good luck with XMT360.

x2.

If you want to try something you can get OTC, Meg's white wax works pretty well, but you want to top it cause it doesn't last long by itself.

ScottH
01-05-2016, 04:09 PM
+1 on XMT360. Absolutely love the product's ability to produce an amazing shine, remove minor imperfections, high working time and leaves behind a nice coat of protection that seems to be quite durable.

ScottH

david b
01-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Nick hinted recently in a different thread about a "new and improved" XMT 360 - the current version is a forum favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david b View Post
Help me understand why XMT 360 AIO isn't a part of the BOGO deal? Forum members consider it one of the top AIO's out there.
I can't get into too much detail, but there will be a lot of exciting changes for 2016. Some of those changes include XMT 360, so we are not able to offer it on BOGO for this sale.

GSKR
01-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Thanks Muchcarpro essence,wasn't a believer in this product at first,there's a little learning curve with this product.over Time as a fulltime detailer I've seen many products come and go.Essence would be a perfect fit for the condition of your cars.Leaves the paint silky smooth with high gloss.It has protection and performs like a coating,plus a one step that won't break down quickly.It says it's a filler type product,I've done 8 cars with it and I don't find it to be a filler.If your looking for a average bite for minimal swirl removal this would be the product of choice I personally prefer over the other brands,because of its simplicity and high performance of gloss and 1 step.The only down side to this product is applying by hand as a lsp if you prefer.It doesn't spread evenly and when too much is applied to one area you have to level it out like a coating or it will be a pita to remove and it doesn't work well with water if you have some stuck in the moldings etc.If you can get passed that this is a great product.

roguegeek
01-05-2016, 04:47 PM
HD Speed, no doubt.

I would hold off on XMT 360 for a little while. Sounds like there's going to be something happening with that product in the near future.

FUNX650
01-05-2016, 06:08 PM
My goal is to maintain the detailing
on two Corvettes.

Both have very minor micro scratches,
no swirls at this time.

So I was looking for something not too
complicated towards the -All in One-

With the vehicles having the above
described "paint blemishes"...I'll suggest
the following easy to use Meguiar's AIOs:
-ColorX
-M66 Quick Detailer
-M20 Polymer Sealant
-A12 Cleaner/Wax

Bob

irvsmith
01-05-2016, 06:14 PM
HD Speed definitely.

rlmccarty2000
01-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Carpro Essence with Meguires microfiber pad. Great combo for both cars.

bill walsh
01-05-2016, 06:27 PM
HD Speed

andy2485
01-05-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm not clear on what youre trying to achieve? show car finish? protection? both?